Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

Jack7

Volume Controls Stopped Working :(

Alright folks,

As most of you know ive got a 09 fez and tonight the volume control stopped working on my stereo AND my steering wheel. All the other buttons worked but i wasnt able to control the volume in any way dry.png

Was hoping i could avoid taking it to ford as theyll likely charge some crazy amount to look at it, was hoping someone on here would know what it possibly was?

Cheers

My only suggestion is to disconnect the battery for 10mins to reset everything. Bear in mind your trip computer (mpg, speed etc) will also reset so make note of it if you're sad like me and keep a spreadsheet ;)

Make sure you have your radio code first

The standard fit Fiesta (09 onwards) stereo's dont have codes, but instead are tied to the VIN via the engine management systems accordingto the parts people at Daganam motors.

I asked I as didn't get a code and when queried it theat what they told me. but given some people have swapped the Sony in I'm not sure how true it is about the VIN.

No radio codes on MK7 and no VIN either - I've swapped a few stereos over and it's worked first time.