Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aa Breakdown Repair Cover ?

snaps0822

I have this cover and it says that all parts are covered other than worn out friction surfaces with regards to a clutch. what advcie i am after is if my clutch does fail due to the clutch plate will they pay for the repair as the other parts of the clutch is mechanical isnt it ?

Has anyone had any experience with the AA with regards to this problem and was your claim succesful,thanks.

I would suggest that the plate itself can suffer the friction of the two plates, and as such, could be a reason to null and void the warranty. Something like a bearing, or the pressure plates themselves would be easier to argue, but the actual clutch plates that meet and part with the clutch pedal will likely as not be at risk of the whole "fair wear and tear" argument.

• 5 years later...

Hello,

I am the proud owner of Mondeo mk4, tdci 2012. I have not found any fresh topic regarding breakdown cover, so I will ask here and refresh this one - is there any UK based breakdown company you particularly recommend?

I am looking for a cheap option with nationwide recovery - so far I have found decent offer from startrescue, for 19 pounds https://www.startrescue.co.uk/breakdown-cover.

Can't seem to find bad opinions about them, thought I would ask here - what's the most common breakdown cover comapny among Ford drivers on this forum?:) Is there a one?

Best,
Krystian

I use AA cheaper than RAC and you get more for your money. That's my personal preference

Thank you, will check them out.

On 26/07/2017 at 3:10 PM, krystiann said:

Hello,

I am the proud owner of Mondeo mk4, tdci 2012. I have not found any fresh topic regarding breakdown cover, so I will ask here and refresh this one - is there any UK based breakdown company you particularly recommend?

I am looking for a cheap option with nationwide recovery - so far I have found decent offer from startrescue, for 19 pounds https://www.startrescue.co.uk/breakdown-cover.

Can't seem to find bad opinions about them, thought I would ask here - what's the most common breakdown cover comapny among Ford drivers on this forum?:) Is there a one?

Best,
Krystian

Ask your insurer if they do breakdown cover, I'm with the RAC through Norwich Union and FULL cover including recovery and homestart is only an additional £50 a year on top of my insurance 👍

Check with you bank also. Barclays do full European RAC cover with Travel insurance for £10.50 a month. Also Nationwide offer full LV Britannia breakdown, mobile phone insurance and travel insurance for £10 (soon to be £13) a month. 

AutoAid and GEM motoring assist I'm  seeing being highly recommended over AA and RAC recently and are significantly cheaper. 

Largely depends also on if you're looking for just a breakdown and recovery service, or you also want fully comprehensive cover with home assist and onward travel etcetera?

If you get serviced at Ford, they throw a year in. Personally I use flux rescue about 35 quid for the year, no excess (becoming an ever growing problem) unlimited callous and full nationwide home start recovery.

Not too bad really

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club