Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 TDCi
  • Year: 2006

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Right so this week we are being deployed to bail g4s out at the Olympics will be leaving my focus on camp for 6 weeks any ideas on how to store so when I come back I can drive home no fuss. We are parked right near the sea so breaks seizing on always happens. Should I disconnect the battery or will it las thoughts please cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 11,056 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

Right so this week we are being deployed to bail g4s out at the Olympics will be leaving my focus on camp for 6 weeks any ideas on how to store so when I come back I can drive home no fuss. We are parked right near the sea so breaks seizing on always happens. Should I disconnect the battery or will it las thoughts please cheers

Hi please see my guide on storing your focus for long periods of time,
in the list of guides below this post.
i had mine in storage for 6 months and no problems following the guide. i understand not all of it may be possible for you but the fuel additive and the blocking of the exhaust and air intake will be possible along with filling the fuel tank and perhaps leaving the hand brake off if you have some wheel chocks and over inflating the tyres.
http://www.fordowner...__gopid__147914

#3 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 17,765 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: 2015 Focus ST3 250BHP
  • Year: 2015
Contributor

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

Could you not bribe your MTO for garage storage?
Whenever my unit used to deploy, we all used to park in the squadron hangar and the rear party would start all the cars once a week.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users