Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta

Zippy

Hi All,

I came across this forum today!! Decided to join up, so I could ask a quick question! We're awaiting delivery of a new Fiesta 1.6 tdci Titanium, in Vision! March isn't coming soon enough, there's way too many on the roads teasing me! Lol. However, my question.. I've recently discovered that the car is to come with a tyre inflation kit, instead of a more traditional spare wheel? can anybody tell me what this? are tyre inflation kits any good, or more to the point, what are they?! And what do you do with them :rolleyes: (sorry, I'm a woman) :P I'm not sure if I can request a spare wheel instead of this kit? I've never come across this before! I'm fairly new to driving you see, 5 months to be exact, lol.

If anybody could give me some insight into this, it'd be great and much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi All,

I came across this forum today!! Decided to join up, so I could ask a quick question! We're awaiting delivery of a new Fiesta 1.6 tdci Titanium, in Vision! March isn't coming soon enough, there's way too many on the roads teasing me! Lol. However, my question.. I've recently discovered that the car is to come with a tyre inflation kit, instead of a more traditional spare wheel? can anybody tell me what this? are tyre inflation kits any good, or more to the point, what are they?! And what do you do with them :rolleyes: (sorry, I'm a woman) :P I'm not sure if I can request a spare wheel instead of this kit? I've never come across this before! I'm fairly new to driving you see, 5 months to be exact, lol.

If anybody could give me some insight into this, it'd be great and much appreciated.

Thank you

There is already a topic NO SPARE WHEEL where you can get all answers, I had to struggle to get spare wheel as was not told at time of order. The inflatin kit is useless if you get side wall damage and according to some replies a new tyre will be required after use of kit. I suffered side wall damage on my last Fiesta and had a spare wheel, if I only had inflation kit I could have waited a long time on assistance

John

Hi All,

Thank you

You can specify a spare wheel to replace kit...ask your local ford dealer. The kits arent rated very highly but its all a weight saving exercise and the fact that according to ford 9/10 motorists dont change the wheel they leave it to the AA..

Go try for a spare at the dealer where you bought it

Hi All,

Thank you

Don't bother with the tyre inflation foam--it's only a quick fix and worse than that it destroys your tyre.

Go down to your dealer and request the "no cost option" spare wheel but you'll have to do it as quickly as possible to make sure you get with your car.

Like the previous guys have said, there is a thread on this--if you scroll through the index pages you will eventually find it!

Thanks to everybody who replied to me, sorry for asking a question which has already been hot topic, but as I'm new, I didn't know! :D

I'm thinking this inflation kit nonsense is basically like tyre weld? which we do have already, but have never used as we heard the bad reviews about it, wrecking tyres etc.

I will contact the dealership to request a spare wheel, I think I should be able to get one, I can try anyway!

Thanks once again.

Abbie

Thanks to everybody who replied to me, sorry for asking a question which has already been hot topic, but as I'm new, I didn't know! :D

I'm thinking this inflation kit nonsense is basically like tyre weld? which we do have already, but have never used as we heard the bad reviews about it, wrecking tyres etc.

I will contact the dealership to request a spare wheel, I think I should be able to get one, I can try anyway!

Thanks once again.

Abbie

You're welcome Abbie.

Best of luck with your car and don't forget to post some piccies when you get it!

You would be right in saying its like a tyre weld, just as hopeless really :P no better fix than a real tyre

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club