Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Footwell Lights - Which Colour? Show Of Hands Needed :-)

BrownMotoring

118 members have voted

1. 1. Which colour bulbs for footwell?

• Red
    • Blue
    • White
    • Other (please state in reply)

Evening all,

I'm after a show of hands. I currently have red LED footwell lights and they're very nice. Red matches the ambient lighting but I'm torn between red, white and blue. Here's what they all look light - which works best?

IMG_0974_m.JPG

IMG_0975_m.JPG

IMG_0977_m.JPG

Just in case anyone wants to know, they're all '12 cluster LED W5W/wedge wide angle bulbs' from: http://stores.ebay.c...n-jp2008?_rdc=1. Come in all sorts of colours.

Added a poll for you, and my vote also goes to red ;)

Red but I kind of like the white they are just a bit bright

I have a question as well as I discovered my car has the holders fitted are they on all the time or just when you open a door of switch something on

are they on all the time or just when you open a door of switch something on

They operate the same as the courtesy light.

They operate the same as the courtesy light.

Thanks just got to find some not overly bright LEDs now

Red but I kind of like the white they are just a bit bright

I have a question as well as I discovered my car has the holders fitted are they on all the time or just when you open a door of switch something on

It was interesting to see them first hand. The red is bright but not excessively so, borderline perhaps. The blue looks good and is by far the brightest, it lit up the interior like a battlefield. I like blue LED's but those nearly gave me retina burn, lol. The white wasn't actually that much brighter than Ford's standard bulbs but it is a cleaner whiter light so a lot more noticable. I suspect I'll stick with red as it's tad more subtle and fits in with the ambient lighting. Alternatively I could rig up some sort of French fleg thing :lol:

I currently have red LED's in the footwell and it looks good, however i stubled across some UV LED's on eBay, and thought ive give them a go, just to be different, there still on there way here, will post pics once arrived.

I'd go for red out of those colours im thinking of doing this to my MK7 but i think im gonna do some Yellow ones :D.

How do you fit them ?

I've seen they do amber ones, that should be colourful :D

Depends on the car. Seems Ford often fit the sockets/cabling but no bulb. I think Zetecs and Titaniums get them as part of the ambient lighting thing (ceiling, footwell, dash strip and cubby hole lights [they still neglected to fit a glove box light though, lol] and I've fitted puddle lights as well). If you have it the socket is set close to the lower dash panelling and points straight down att he pedals/your shins and are small slightly protruding round dark grey plastic socket. If they don't work spin them the other way as those LED's are polar sensitive. Socket on the passenger side is set very slightly deeper into the underside of the dash but you can't miss it.

I've seen they do amber ones, that should be colourful :D

Depends on the car. Seems Ford often fit the sockets/cabling but no bulb.

Seems random, or more likely related to the engine which would probably go back to the production line, my Econetic 1.6 TDCi has the wiring and sockets ( and RED LEDS) but yet it's really the Style trim with eco tweaks.

Given I have the wiring for the powerfold mirrors and Cruise control and they have been activated, and I probalby also have the Ambient lighting wiring (too garish for me I think) IO bet it goes back to the line they came from and the woring / parts on that line.

Blue all the way i think, lol

jut put red bulbs in and they look very nice thanks guys for the info on this hidden cheap mod

just had a look on my metal bulb holders and wires all there so i'm going to get blue to match the sony head unit what a cheap cool mod B) :D

I ordered my blue ones last night to! Been dispatched this morning! Cannot wait, I need to get out more :P

• Like 1

I ordered my blue ones last night to! Been dispatched this morning! Cannot wait, I need to get out more :P

What bulb type do I go for? I have the standard "white/yellow" Ford crap and want to change too

I went for these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200786209828

Thanks go to iNath

I ordered the red ones. ^_^

Funny, the owners manual doesn't even mention them and says both the front and rear fog lights are not serviceable?!?!

I know! It's crazy - they go through all the effort to put them in the cars and don't use them or mention them. Probably was going to be an optional extra that never happened

If you want other cheap interior light upgrades to LED then the courtesy, map and boot are all easy. I've upgraded a lot of the outside to LED too but that can be more of a faff and you need to chose bulbs carefully to get the look you want. Stuff like the number plate bulbs are also easy, cheap and worth doing. Footwell LED's are a cracking little mod whatever the colour and I'd have never thought of it without this place, so I doff my hat. Would be keen to see pics of other how other folks have worked out.

If you want other cheap interior light upgrades to LED then the courtesy, map and boot are all easy. I've upgraded a lot of the outside to LED too but that can be more of a faff and you need to chose bulbs carefully to get the look you want. Stuff like the number plate bulbs are also easy, cheap and worth doing. Footwell LED's are a cracking little mod whatever the colour and I'd have never thought of it without this place, so I doff my hat. Would be keen to see pics of other how other folks have worked out.

ive fitted some rear footwell lighting and spliced them in to the front footwell lighting loom.

purchased some led pods from texas and double sided pads mounted them on to pf the back seat footwell blowers.

work a treat.

Nice idea, hadn't thought of that. I've done a similar thing to get puddle lights mounted beneath the door bins, works well and fairly easy to do.

I did see puddle lights with a Ford badge light shape available wasn't sure how easy this would be to do so I kinda glanced by it.

I did see puddle lights with a Ford Badge light shape available wasn't sure how easy this would be to do so I kinda glanced by it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180902062005?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I'm so tempted by these, but is everyone gonna copy me like they always do? :P

Maybe, but might not be me, simply cos I don't think I have the nack to fit them...