Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Footwell Lights - Which Colour? Show Of Hands Needed :-)

BrownMotoring

118 members have voted

1. 1. Which colour bulbs for footwell?

• Red
    • Blue
    • White
    • Other (please state in reply)

!Removed! Americans, they get all the extras!

!Removed! Americans, they get all the extras!

They can't get enough of our front grilles or Sony headunits though. :D

Are they the footwell fitment?

Err, sadly yes.

Anyone feeling brave enought to try these? :lol:

Why would anyone want those??????

Lol! As they say, each to their own.

I would buy them just a for momentary giggle! :lol:

599659_300188000079555_746501972_n.jpg

This is mine with Blue LED :)

Alright mate which exact bulbs did you get to light your footwells up that much? Mine are too focused and just look like a little blue blob in the corner :(

images.jpg

the focus has light units behind the sun visors on both sides of the front roof,

so these would be like a flip down disco lmao root out my scooter and ultra-sonic CD's from the early 90's

''HYPER HYPER''

Disco Stu doesn't advertise, oh yeah.

Have a look at the eBay link on the first post of this thread. They come in red, blue, white and amber.

I like the blue LEDs i got, seem to be more 'blue'. I havent been through this whole thread, but someone might have pointed you towards them. From memory they are the 24s? Or maybe because it is darker..?

Footwell%20Lights.jpg

I don't wanna sound utter stupid but can I have this in mine??

Alright mate which exact bulbs did you get to light your footwells up that much? Mine are too focused and just look like a little blue blob in the corner :(

If they're the same as mine they're these: http://www.ebay.co.u...005%26rk%3D5%26

dfgdfbg.jpg

*cough* blue for the win *cough*

I don't wanna sound utter stupid but can I have this in mine??

Look at the post by Nathan (no 6) here http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/34644-footwell-lighting/

That shows you the locations of the bulb holders. If they are fitted and wired then you just need to buy the bulbs in your colour choice, and they are £2 or so delivered for a pair on eBay. Some cars have the wiring and holders in place, others have just the bulb hoilder but no wiring , others have nothing.

If the wiring and holders are in place then just slot a bulb in to check it's OK, and when you come to finally put in the LEDS remember they only work one way, if they don't light up rotate them 180* and try again.

Right ok guys, it's time for the 'post a stupid question of the day' moment, so I apologise in advance! I have 2010 MK7 ZS, and I'm after the footwell lighting. There is no lighting in the footwell as of yet, so after having a look I can see a mount either side in to where it looks like you can just slot a bulb in. Does this mean that after getting the bulbs I'm all ready to go? I can't see any wiring as it's covered (if there is any) by the mount, so I was wondering, if it does need wiring, would the mount be there in the first place? Or as the mount is already there, does that mean the wiring is done behind it and just needs a bulb? Sorry for the poor question. I've gone for red by the way! :)

If the wiring is there you will see a rubber/plastic socket and a couple of copper contacts.

If you can put your little finger in and feel nothing there then you won't have the sockets fitted (unless they're taped up somewhere away from the mounts)

Right ok guys, it's time for the 'post a stupid question of the day' moment, so I apologise in advance! I have 2010 MK7 ZS, and I'm after the footwell lighting. There is no lighting in the footwell as of yet, so after having a look I can see a mount either side in to where it looks like you can just slot a bulb in. Does this mean that after getting the bulbs I'm all ready to go? I can't see any wiring as it's covered (if there is any) by the mount, so I was wondering, if it does need wiring, would the mount be there in the first place? Or as the mount is already there, does that mean the wiring is done behind it and just needs a bulb? Sorry for the poor question. I've gone for red by the way! :)

the mounts will me their for the bulb holders because they are metal and part of the frame that hold the dash in place.

if you have sockets then you will just need bulbs as thier should be power their,

but if you have no sockets then see my guide on footwell lighting in the list below this post.

in the guide their are links to purchase the bulb sockets and wiring aswell as details on how to hook them togeather.

Excellent, thanks for your answers guys, I really appreciate it! By the sounds of it then it's just the bulbs I need. Will have a look first thing in the morning in the light and go from there, I appreciate it!!

Excellent, thanks for your answers guys, I really appreciate it! By the sounds of it then it's just the bulbs I need. Will have a look first thing in the morning in the light and go from there, I appreciate it!!

if the bulbs you fit are led,

and you put one in and it doesnt illuminate, then turn it around 180 degrees and try again,

LED Bulbs have a one way current flow and only work when fitted in one direction.

if the bulbs you fit are led,

and you put one in and it doesnt illuminate, then turn it around 180 degrees and try again,

led bulbs have a one way current flow and only work when fitted in one direction.

Yep they're LED! Thanks for the heads up, I know not to panic if they don't come on straight away then! Are they supposed to be on all the time whilst the engine is running? Or just with the doors open or when unlocked etc?

Yep they're LED! Thanks for the heads up, I know not to panic if they don't come on straight away then! Are they supposed to be on all the time whilst the engine is running? Or just with the doors open or when unlocked etc?

just when the doors are opened and the car is unlocked, the same way the interior light does,

but if you wanted you could fit a 3 way rocker switch and have them coming on and off like standard but the added feature of switching them on constant when your driving lights are on too.