Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,780 posts
  • Name: Phil
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2
  • Year: 2014
Contributor

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Try Adrian Flux, my son had his first car, a heavily modified Saxo, with them and they were really helpful, they ring you when you fill out there on line form so you get chance to talk to a real person who appears to know what they are on about rather than a couldn't care less person in a call centre.

I wouldn't touch Direct Line EVER, work colleague of mine made a claim recently and they have refused to cover her at renewal. They also quoted me 50% more than my current insurers for same basic cover but wanted huge excess figures.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 10,101 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

how would i go about recalibrating it? and id love to have a 1.6 but this is my first car and that pushes the insurance even higher than it already is

Here is a video on speedo calibration also knowen as speedo correction,
However the calibration/correction on todays models is most likely done via the GEM using ford diagnostic software.

#18 Castanea

Castanea

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium X

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

If you put 17" Alloys on you can kiss goodbye to ever doing a decent 3 point turn or nifty swing round again :D

I used to work for a well known swindling insurance broker, and would use cosmetic modifications as a reason to increase the price, despite there being no further loading on the risk. Invariably you are made to call the company and then if you haven't declared they will scare you into admitting it, or if you have admitted to it, then that's their cue to up the price and blames the mods.

Tinting windows, painting calipers etc. has little impact on the risk - modifying parts like wheels, adding kits etc does, albeit nothing like they would have you believe. It's all about money. Breathe through your mouth instead or your nose? Well that's not standard, so please pay an extra £250 :D

Oh, and think carefully about remapping/chipping as certainly the company I worked for the insurance companies had this as a standard check on any cars where claims were being made, even if your car was stationary outside your house having not been moved for 8 hours they might try to not pay if there has been some undeclared tinkering.

#19 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,525 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

One idea would be an Asian style front grill if you go slightly lower profile on the mods :P

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ford, fiesta, mk7, black

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users