Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg In Econetic Ford Focus

owls4ever

Hi M8

for what is worth I did a longish trip to RAF Cosford 186 miles from home, and averaged 65mpg with cruise control set at 70mph

on returning home and running round doors my average is 50mpg mine is sept 2012/62 plate with 10k on clock

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/Industry-News/CAR-tech-whos-to-blame-for-your-cars-terrible-fuel-economy/ interesting article for those who need to know more about how the figures are reached. It says that they are attained on a rolling road...

The air con has been used but not too much, windows are up and not load in the boot.

I had thought of the tyres earlier and went to check them, not low at all.

Honest John website is really good so thanks for that. Real life MPG (which I must admit is an absolute joke when you read why the EC figures are so optimistic) is between 44-59.

Real average around 50, so I guess the car is acting 'normal'. So much for efficiency ey, more like a smokescreen!

If i drive my 1.8 tdci carefully i can get 65mpg from it on A roads! Average around 50-55 country laning and city driving.I dont know how you lot manage to get such a low MPG :P

Does it need a service? have a look at the air filter condition. The first focus i drove was a 1.6TDCI Econetics, it was older than my ZS.

Hertz on demand rental car for 3 days, i drove from london to devon and back spent £54 on fuel and when i got back to london i drove 445 miles it still had more than quarter tank and i drove it like i stole it! i was very impressed with the fuel economy.

My ZS has the same engine and the econetics is no gimmick it really does make a difference, the one i drove had regular summer tyres on 16" mini ST's done the same journey in my ZS and although i got 400 miles the tank was near empty of course i wasn't driving for economy.

So from my experience the econetics is a totally different beast, it also felt like it had more torque than my ZS, i saved all info on my spendings for that rental even got a pic of the fuel that was left and the mileage done so i would suggest that you check the oil and air filter and overall service of the car.

It's important to note that on a cold engine it will burnt alot of fuel, switch on the instant fuel display and check the difference under acceleration from a warm engine and cold.

it goes without saying that your mileage will depend on the type of road the car is driven on, any kind of urban driving rips into the tank hard

Gave up with my Focus. The mpg did improve dramatically after 10k miles but so many other niggles I sold it after only 6 months. I'll never buy another Ford.

Hi great pity giving up on your focus, its only my second ford in many years, its a quantum leap

over my 1956 zephyr zodiac straight six, it would pass anything on the road bar a garage, 12mpg

I recall on a good day....

• 11 months later...

Hi

For last month I was driving mostly in a city my average mpg was 46 ( aircon on -all the time ) after changing tyres for cheap one my mpg got low as a 37mpg

is it posiible that cheap tyres lowering mpg so much ?

• 4 weeks later...

I've owned 2 Ford Focus's , one was a 62 plate zetec and I was getting 53mpg around town and around 68 on the motorway doing around 65-70 mph so was pretty good. Girlfriend decided she missed her FIesta titanium with power folding mirrors, auto lights n wipers and so we swapped our zetec for a 2011 plate titanium x with all the goodies fitted incl that fancy parking assist where it parks itself ( does work very well actually, albeit a gimmick) ,anyway, I digress, the titanium x wasn't giving the same mpg as the 62 plate zetec despite having the same engine which me and the missus couldn't work out, we did notice it didn't pull away smoothly and seemed to lack power. We took it back to sandicliffe in Leicester and they test drove it and said it was fine so we thought , ok, left it that for a few weeks, ended up taking it back and they kept it a few days with a diagnostic piece of kit and it turned out one of the injectors was faulty , they replaced all 4 and it drives perfectly now and the mpg is around what our 62 plate zetec was giving us, infact it's better by a touch.

Also, I put Shell vpower diesel in , it's a bit more per gallon but seems to like it. So, it maybe worth getting a diagnostic on it and see if there is anything a miss with the engine that's causing your lack of mpg, before ours had new injectors I wasn't getting any more than 34 to the gallon out of it which I couldn't work out to start with. Cheers, and I know your post is old but you may read it,

Hi

For last month I was driving mostly in a city my average mpg was 46 ( aircon on -all the time ) after changing tyres for cheap one my mpg got low as a 37mpg

is it posiible that cheap tyres lowering mpg so much ?

Driving heavy I get 44 mpg, driving normal I get 46 mpg all inner city driving and some a3 atleast once a week