#1 Dai84

Dai84

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Dai
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2004

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking to remove the horrible black plastic strips off the side of my 2004 fez. Not just cos it will hopefully look better, but because it's a 5dr, the strip from the rear doors catches the rim of the front door when opening, causing a horrible scraping sound and causing the plastic the bend and come off the body where it catches the front door (hope that makes sense)
Anyone else get this problem?
I've looked at how to remove these bumper strps on various other forums, spirits, fishing wire, hair dryer etc. but I'm not sure what il find underneath.....holes or just gluey crap? And will there be contours underneath or will i be left with nice smooth bodywork underneath?Can anyone enlighten me?
It's a 2004 fez flame, metallic Aquarius blue (if this helps?!)
Thanks in advance! 😄

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Jayy-mk6

Jayy-mk6

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec mk6
  • Year: 2004

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

I know this post was a while ago but did you find out if they are stuck on? I'm wanting to remove mine

#3 Fiesta1.25

Fiesta1.25

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Name: alan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

Again, I know this is an old post but jayy I can inform you that the bump strips are stuck on with an adhesive that is easily unbonded using fishing wire or even dental floss and heat(hair dryer does th job) but there are also a couple of locating holes in the doors too.
Hope this helps

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fiesta, Mk6, 2004, Bumper, Scuff, Remove, Removal, Side, Protectors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users