Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

Dai84

Removing Scuff Strips Fiesta Mk6

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm looking to remove the horrible black plastic strips off the side of my 2004 fez. Not just cos it will hopefully look better, but because it's a 5dr, the strip from the rear doors catches the rim of the front door when opening, causing a horrible scraping sound and causing the plastic the bend and come off the body where it catches the front door (hope that makes sense)

Anyone else get this problem?

I've looked at how to remove these bumper strps on various other forums, spirits, fishing wire, hair dryer etc. but I'm not sure what il find underneath.....holes or just gluey crap? And will there be contours underneath or will i be left with nice smooth bodywork underneath?Can anyone enlighten me?

It's a 2004 fez flame, metallic Aquarius blue (if this helps?!)

Thanks in advance! 😄

I know this post was a while ago but did you find out if they are stuck on? I'm wanting to remove mine

Again, I know this is an old post but jayy I can inform you that the bump strips are stuck on with an adhesive that is easily unbonded using fishing wire or even dental floss and heat(hair dryer does th job) but there are also a couple of locating holes in the doors too.

Hope this helps