Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next Latest Mod - Asian Grill On Panther Black Fez

AJ_sXe

I need opinions before I fit the aussie grille to my black fiesta....

I got a 2 line plate just to see what it would look like (coz Im obsessed with U.S stuff so this shape is closer to their size plates than the normal british ones are), if it looks crap then no big deal, I'll put my old standard plate back on.

But before I drill into the 2 liner, where do your think it should go:

higherorlower.jpg

higherorlower2.jpg

You might just be able to make out on the pic above that the grille has a plastic lip at the top, so this would need to be cut into and flattened in the centre so the plate could rest flat, rather than tilting forwards down to the road a bit.

Please post your suggestions.

HIGHER!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2011fiesta

• AJ_sXe

• James Rosier

• Stoney871

HIGHER!!

*sigh* so much extra work though! lol

Wheres this rear 2 liner you promised? ;) :P

HIGHER!!

"You don't get anything for a pair, not in this game!"

LOWER!!!

(But it's all down to personal preference and at the end of the day you'll be the one looking at it each time you get in the car so make sure you're happy with it!)

LOWER!!!

(But it's all down to personal preference and at the end of the day you'll be the one looking at it each time you get in the car so make sure you're happy with it!)

I know :s When I first lay the plate over the grille I thought higher straight away, but looking at the lower pic it looks neater sitting below the top of the grille's cross section

If it was mine, I'd go lower, but it all personal preference! :)

"You don't get anything for a pair, not in this game!"

Lmao, I missed this post earlier. Ah Brucie

If it was mine, I'd go lower, but it all personal preference! :)

Lower will be easier. Will post pics fitted tomorrow.

Cheers guys

Lmao, I missed this post earlier. Ah Brucie

"I'm the leader of the pack which makes me such a lucky jack. And here they are, they're so appealing, OK dollies do your dealing."

"Didn't he do well?"

"Nice to see you, to see you…"

:P :lol:

"....nice!"

Lol

If you're wondering whats the delay with my

Grille pics - well I'm gonna have the silver bits done glossy black, once theyre ready it'll be fitted photographed and posted here :). Hopefully it should look okay

Mines fitted as well now!

No pics yet as:

A: Car's filthy proper disgrace.

B: Having issues with the middle top clip/hook and the one to the right of it so it's not sitting perfect yet.

Just to confirm, i had a quick conflab with my Traffic oppo and two line plates are perfectly legal as long as they are spaced and printed to UK legal standards (makers postcode and no custom back print).

Also adhesive (sticky plastic ones) are legal too as long as they are fully visible from square on the front\back and produced to UK legal standards.

Just to confirm, i had a quick conflab with my Traffic oppo and two line plates are perfectly legal as long as they are spaced and printed to UK legal standards (makers postcode and no custom back print).

Also adhesive (sticky plastic ones) are legal too as long as they are fully visible from square on the front\back and produced to UK legal standards.

Cheers Stoney :)

Well this is the situation at the moment, sorry to bore you guys.

The silver bits on the asian grille aren't actually chrome like the fog lights/belt line/my upper grille strip, so I'm half thinking shall I get them sprayed metallic panther black instead.

While still trying to decide on this issue I decided to blue tack a 2 line plate onto the front of my current standard grille just to get an idea of what it'll look like.... the answer: weird. The european fiesta front is definatly more suited to a standard retangle plate.

Heres some pics anyway as promised, probs just gonna pop my normal plate onto the new grille if I decide to fit it.

higherorlower3.jpg

higherorlower4.jpg

My concern with the square plate is how much of the vents it would cover over and above what the cross beam already covers...

My concern with the square plate is how much of the vents it would cover over and above what the cross beam already covers...

Yup, been thinking that myself. Well all I wanted was to see what it would look like, and I've done that.

Yup, been thinking that myself. Well all I wanted was to see what it would look like, and I've done that.

I think it looks best without a plate and just the reg decals....but I scared to get it done myself..

I think it looks best without a plate and just the reg decals....but I scared to get it done myself..

Try it, and if it looks cr*p then put a plate over the top of it, simples lol

Well, I decided to choose lower at long last.

As previously mentioned I also had the silver inserts sprayed Ford Panther Black to match the body as the silver was like a painted effect and didn't match my upper grille strip etc.

Images are a bit dark but you get the idea. I'll take better ones tomorrow in proper daylight.

(The 2 line plate may get replaced by my normal 1 line plate, ain't decided yet - we'll see if it grows on me. The screw holes for the 1 line plate are waiting behind this plate ready for an easy swop should I get too many haters of the 2 liner lol. :unsure:)

The inserts are probs more sublte than I would have liked but nevermind - what do I expect for using the exact same colour as the body lol

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

Thoughts? (Don't be too harsh) lol

Paul

:)

Oh and thanks must go to iNath for a quick and easy transaction and super fast delivery - plus lots of aftersales advice and support ;)

Looks awesome we can nickname you fez the Beaver

Looks awesome we can nickname you fez the Beaver

lol. Oh no, my first thoughts were it looked toothy too :( lmao

Eeeehhh what's up Doc?

In all seriousness, it's not for me, BUT it does make your Fez stand out from the crowd of black Fez' here!

Eeeehhh what's up Doc?

In all seriousness, it's not for me, BUT it does make your Fez stand out from the crowd of black Fez' here!

I suppose. Forgetting about the plate for a sec, reckon the grille looks ok?

I think it does yes, other than your Chrome "smile" the front of your car now looks minimalist, and I like that look.

Tempted to get my whole grill done in gloss black now,

It all looks good, ignore the digs.

Plate good.

Grille good.

:D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club