Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Error Codes P0500,p1934 & U0073 ........

stuggyzx10

Hi still trying to sort the Focus speed sensor problem on my wifes 2005 Focus MK2 1.6TDCI ...its looking like its a trip to the dealers to get it sorted :( ...the codes its throwing up are P0500,P1934 & U0073 the first is speed sensor which i am trying to locate on the gearbox or not as it happens...but the other two i cant find a reference too in the code book anyone know what they are?...

So P1934 is also a speed sensor problem and the other is module comms problem. Would seem to all point to one of the speed sensors on a wheel or related wiring... let us know what the outcome is.

Thanks for the info will get right on it..let you know what happens as i check wiring and sensors..

• 4 years later...

Hi, I'm new to this forum and have just bought an '06 1.6tdci Focus Zetec. At first and for the entire first week of ownership I was staggered by the performance of it thinking that it had been remapped or something as when it came on boost there was a surge of power and it broke traction in 3rd gear in the wet. This week the power has dropped off intermittently when it comes on boost and when I plugged my generic fault reader in, it came up with the exact same fault codes as on this thread, P0500, P1934 and U0073. My first thought is to check the speed sensor, but can anyone confirm whether this vehicle with its 5sp g/box has a g/box speed sensor or whether it derives it's speed from abs wheel sensors? Like most people I don't want to throw a whole load of cash at the car but am interested in spending a reasonable amount of time investigating the problem, thanks.

• 1 month later...

Any news on this issue? I've got a 55 plate 1.6tdci sport 110 bhp plugged snap on solus in and it came up with these codes as pending, engines running rough like it's missing but there's no eml on, airbag lights on and seat belt light but no codes flagging up, any help would be greatly appreciated 

On 14/12/2016 at 2:22 PM, Dom77 said:

P0500, P1934 and U0073. My first thought is to check the speed sensor, but can anyone confirm whether this vehicle with its 5sp g/box has a g/box speed sensor or whether it derives it's speed from abs wheel sensors?

It is probably a bit late now, but it may help anyone else who comes across this. As far as I can tell, all modern Fords with ABS have no vehicle speed sensor, they use the ABS. The petrol variants usually have the option for the VSS on the schematic, marked as not fitted with ABS. I think all the Diesels have ABS as standard, and no VSS options show on any drawing.

The speed information from the ABS travels over the HS-CAN bus to the PCM (aka ECU). Thus the U0073 error indicating a CAN bus fault may well be important.

One interesting, but possibly misleading fact is that all the cars with this problem, including the just.answer one, are 2005 or 2006. These cars are prone to having an Instrument Cluster fault that directly affects the HS-CAN bus, and can give all sorts of odd problems.

It would be useful to get a bit more info on this problem, as it has happened a few times now. But no answers yet!

5 hours ago, Smoggy said:

airbag lights on and seat belt light but no codes flagging up,

On Fords, the restraint module (air bags & seatbelt) are on a separate bus (the MS-CAN bus), that uses its own pins in the diagnostic connector. This bus runs from the IC to the BCM (aka GEM). I do not know if the snap on system can make contact with this bus, or if it only uses the HS-CAN bus, that goes to all engine related stuff.

Does it list all modules found, including the BCM or GEM and the ARS (or restraint module). A Ford specific system like Forscan, using a modified ELM327 that can contact the MS-CAN bus will test these modules, and may reveal any error codes in them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club