Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrading To A Dab, Urgent Help Needed To Get It Working!!!!

Torchwood

Hey everyone,

I am in a right pickle, i am having my 61 plate Fiesta upgraded to a DAB radio, but the boff's down at my local Ford for all their hard work cannot get the DAB to work, or fire into life!????

They have got the DAB radio.. Radio AHU DAB, put the aerial in + mast, ran the cable down to the boot area and put this module in that goes in, which is like a secondary aerial for DAB. Got a black n white screen and put that on, think they mentioned "some" programming of the screen so that it would work with the radio. Radio works, but they cannot get the dab to work???

If anyone has done this, or there is a Ford Tech that can offer some light, i would be very very grateful! They have just drawn a blank now, they said the display screen is also a module apparently, and there were certain parts that may need programming to the brain of the car, even a worry the car would not work??????

If any of you have an idea, please just mention it, it may be the one bit they are missing, but they said it all works, just not the DAB, like some sort of diagnosis box to tick to tell the car there IS DAB....!??

Please Help.. :blink:

Who can I contact for specific technical information?

We recommend you contact a Ford Dealership for technical information, as they not only have the relevant knowledge and experience, but also direct access to our technical support services. Alternatively, you can contact the Ford Technical Information Centre directly on 0906 5533447. Please note that this is a premium rate line and calls are charged at £1.03p per minute. You can also write to the Ford Technical Information Centre at:

Ford Technical Information Centre, PO Box 7597, Daventry, NN11 1DL

http://www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/VehicleServiceandRepair/ServicingandRepairFAQs

Though surely your dealer should be phoning them for help. I suspect you'll get the answer that they cannot advise on retrofitting any components and it has to be done at the time of build in the factory.

You're the first I know of to attempt this I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Because it is not a warranty issue they won't help them...

I thought people had upgraded to dab here before?

shuld the dab radio aerial have power running to it aswell ?

as in 12v supply to the dab aerial along with the aerial signal flowing to the stereo?

im sure if it was the case then their would be two additional cables on the dab aerial unit itself.

• Like 1

shuld the dab radio aerial have power running to it aswell ?

as in 12v supply to the dab aerial along with the aerial signal flowing to the stereo?

im sure if it was the case then their would be two additional cables on the dab aerial unit itself.

Well on the back of the Radio there are 2 power points rectangular in shape, one smaller then the other. And 2 round aerial points, one white (FM) one black (DAB), the car was meant to come with adab unit, it didnt!!! So they added the stereo and dab aerial, nothing... Found a module that plugs in from the boot, put that in... nothing!

Changed the cluster clock and Display screen, nothing! Car will not let the new cluster clocks be programmed to the car? They got another car with dab, and got the part number from those cluster clocks, ordered it and still no joy! I will mention a power feed but... Just cannot understand why the radio comes on, display lights up, but no DAB?

Does FM work?

How about AM?

If both of these are ok, try to temporarily connect the FM aerial to the DAB input to see if you get any reception.

Is there good DAB reception normally where the car is located?

Not being obtuse or mean but why bother with DAB.

The signals are kept down to 50% due to frequency conflicts and the whole system is outdated and poorly implemented.

I have a DAB radio in my kitchen that picks up three channels and that's with a proper externally mounted antenna.

In the car I use Internet radio via a permanently fitted Mi-Fi transmitter that connects to an iPod touch i plug into my Aux cable and that gives me access to all channels supposedly available on DAB and many more too.

Mi-Fi costs me nothing at all and the radio app was free.

Good sound quality with far less signal drop than DAB even in tunnels/valleys/rural areas.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had DAB in another car and it was crisp n clear Stoney, plus the car was meant to come with it when i bought it.

Its all gone pete tong now anyway, totally gutted and fed up... it appears the vehicle is much older then first thought from the build date, so it will not work!

Car going back i think, will update more later!

Does FM work?

How about AM?

If both of these are ok, try to temporarily connect the FM aerial to the DAB input to see if you get any reception.

Is there good DAB reception normally where the car is located?

The white and black plugs for the 2 aerials are different tunne, so you cannot swap them over anyway... As mentioned its all over now anyway! Got radio working but nothing else would, appears this particular car is a bit of a dud!! :angry:

Is the problem just related to DAB reception or are there other issues?

Is the problem just related to DAB reception or are there other issues?

No they got the dab radio working fine.... Loads of other issues with car in general!!!!

"Where is the Vauxhall - VW Dealership"...............................!!!!??? Cough, smiley...

Hey, general Question.... Where can i find out the latest spec on the Fiesta Zetec S.... what now comes standard?? Is this Sony Stereo 'system' still an optional extra in Fiestas...?

• 1 month later...

...well, old car went back!!

New one ordered, just been waiting for it to arrive, apparently i was one of the very few to get one of the last orders in..

So the dealer put all the toys in that were not in the last one...

...and added a few more!!!!! :D :D

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi, I have a 2012 fiesta. It had the standard Ford stereo in, none DAB. I bought a Sony/DAB stereo off ebay,
I have fitted it and I get no DAB menu,

What do I need to get the DAB working and where can I buy it from?

The Sony DAB stereo I have is model RADIO AHU DAB, Part number AA6T-18C815-XB. Any help would be apprecated.

Thanks

Did you fit the dab adaptor for the aerial?

I believe you need the cable, aerial and base to do a factory style fit.

Alternatively you could try this which I believe will be a lot easier and cheaper than the oem Ford parts-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=160967699172

Hi, I don't even get a DAB menu, so fitting an alternative aerial would make no differnce. The car stereo has 2 aerial sockets, 1 black and 1 white, the car has matching aerial cables which are connected.

DAB radios do normally need power through the aerial to boost the signal reception. The Sony DAB I retroffited to my mk6 does this through the powerfeed into the stereo but you need to turn it on in a sub menu on the stereo.

DAB radios do normally need power through the aerial to boost the signal reception. The Sony DAB I retroffited to my mk6 does this through the powerfeed into the stereo but you need to turn it on in a sub menu on the stereo.

Hi How do I get into the sub menu to turn it on. At the moment I don't even get a DAB option on the radio menu

post-41387-0-50795200-1363284852_thumb.j

This might sound a daft question but it is definately a DAB radio they've fitted isnt it? They havent maybe guffed up and orderred a normal one? Im not sure about the New fiesta like I said mines a mk6 so its an after market stereo from Halfords

This might sound a daft question but it is definately a DAB radio they've fitted isnt it? They havent maybe guffed up and orderred a normal one? Im not sure about the New fiesta like I said mines a mk6 so its an after market stereo from halfords

Hi I bought the radio of eBay and fitted it myself, here is the model number sticker

I had an aftermarket DAB stereo in my MK6, I've only had this car a few weeks.

post-41387-0-32381100-1363285331_thumb.j

• 4 months later...

Hi everybody!

I'm also looking to upgrade my standard Ford Fiesta stereo to the Sony DAB.

This may seem a silly question, but would the unit (PART NO: AA6T-18C815-XB

) have bluetooth in the unit?

Currently, I have a Parrott device fitted and I hated it, it's non responsive most of the time and I've lost count of the times I've changed the battery! I swear it'll cause an accident one day!

I have a 09 plate Fiesta. Zetec 1.25 in hot magenta.

Thanks for any replies ;)

• 1 year later...

im having the same issue, has anyone sorted a fix out. MY dab worked when i fitted the stereo but once i had pressed the radio button again i only got the options for analogue and i cant get dab back.

• 9 months later...

Did anyone ever find an answer to this one? I've got the OH's 2013 Fiesta Eco and upgraded the stereo to a Sony DAB with colour screen from the standard Ford unit; DAB worked perfectly.....until i changed to FM, then the option vanished. I've tried to update the config in IDS 3 times, enabled the branded high end stereo and enabled the DAB Receiver option....each time it uploads but when i check again, the DAB Receiver option has been reset to "not enabled" again!

Its been suggested i directly modify the as-built data and then upload that with the option enabled....but not sure that will make any difference either! Anyone done this and would like to share? It's driving me nuts!!