Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

james132

Alloy Wheel Refurb

5 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Recently bought a set of second hand alloys and think they need refurbishing.

What can I expect to pay to have these put back to how they should be?

DSCF8592.jpg

DSCF8593.jpg

DSCF8597.jpg

DSCF8600.jpg

DSCF8601.jpg

All 4 are roughly the same, scraped all the way round the very edge with the laquer peeling away.

Iv phoned a couple of local places and only 1 of which can do the diamond cut on the outside of the rim, they are charging £75+ VAT per wheel is this a good price? The other two I have contacted cant do the diamond cut so the wheels would be one colour, they both charge £65+ VAT per wheel

id say around here the price is approx 250 for a set of 18's in any preffered colour.....

maybe its where you are but the prices seem a bit high? im a few miles away but round my way its about 45 including vat for an 18 inch alloys for powder coat or paint

Stef, thats what I was thinking, I expected £50 per wheel including vat.. that I would happily pay (£200/£250 for a set)

Iv decided not to get them done, if im feeling confident over the winter il have the tyres taken off, get a friend of mine to shot blast them then smooth them off myself, then see if anyone can powdercoat/paint them cheep.