Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Foot-Wells

Brigante

My 2 LED Bulbs for the front foot-wells been delivered today..

Probably a silly question but how do I remove my current bulbs to put the new bulbs in??

Is there some way of turning power to the lights off? I can't take them out while they are on cause they are obviously hot, but then I can't get in the car and shut the door and wait for them to go off cause I got no way off seeing down there to get to them.

A quick answer would be appreciated guys so I can hurry up and put the new ones in =)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• Stoney871

• gc88

• Lenny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

maybe remove the fuse? or Don't the footwell lights go off with the interior light when you put the key in ignition and turn it? On my Mk2.5 I'm sure they do!

Sit in it mate, close the doors, wait for them to go off then do it that way.

You might have to lay the chairs back to be able to bend to the right angle.

I'm 6ft2 or 3 and managed it fine in that method!

What colour did you go for?

maybe remove the fuse? or Don't the footwell lights go off with the interior light when you put the key in ignition and turn it? On my Mk2.5 I'm sure they do!

Lol I completely forgot about that mate, I'll turn the car on that should do it :)

Lol I'll try that mate, do they just unscrew or pull out or what? Went for blue, what about you?

Just pull them straight down, like a standard w5w bulb (wedge)

I've got blue in at the moment, also going to try red and clear, see what i like best.

If they don't work when you put them in, take them out and spin them round 180 degrees. Something to do with + and - of LEDS

Well that was undignifying lol.. I couldn't get low enough to see them so I kind of had my back on the seat, my waist sideways between the front seats and my feet on the parcel shelf lmao so I could get my head right in the footwell to see what I was doing.

Worked a treat though, couldn't grip the bulbs to pull em so used a folded up tissue round em and they came straight out.

Here's a photo of one in

615019_465792420105983_66203274_o.jpg

Just need to wait till tonight now to get some nice night shots of em :)

I got 2 white ones as well to do my side lights but not sure if the bulbs are the right ones or good enough

Right lads, after I fitted these I drove the missus to morrisons, and the whole drive down the LEDs stayed on =S, they seem to be working ok now and go off when they supposed to, but why would they have stayed on while driving before? Any ideas?

Yup all car doors was definitely shut mate

Yup all car doors was definitely shut mate

Few.

Were they on 100% brightness? Or just retaining a little bit of light?

Was the inside courtesy light on too mate?

Was hard to tell cause it was day light but yeah think it was 100% brightness, nope not the courtesy light, just the new blue LEDs. Looked really strange them staying on when driving so don't know what could have caused it.

Hmm, Lenny or someone will know i reckon.

How about if you go for a drive now? Do they still stay on?

Nah they fine now I think. When I drove down they stayed on, but then when I went back to the car they was off, then come on like normal when I opened the door then they went off like normal so they seem to be working ok but was obviously rather strange when they stayed on.

What bulbs have you actually got mate?

These are mine

616337_465812213437337_1025789031_o.jpg

Are yours the same or better?

bang on them ones in blue

the red ones are 5smds

:)

also got them in white for sidelights and numberplate lighrs :)

I know red LEDs would look good in a black car but I personally prefer blue. And being a Birmingham city fan I don't think I could live with myself having red in my car :P

also got them in white for sidelights and numberplate lighrs :)

The same as my blue ones but in white? Snap :)

Haven't installed em yet though, wanna gimme a crash course in installing em in my side lights?

The same as my blue ones but in white? Snap :)

Haven't installed em yet though, wanna gimme a crash course in installing em in my side lights?

Right this is what i did..

The headlight has 1 flathead screw on the top, undo that. Then using a LONG flatheaded screw driver and a torch, look behind the headlights and you'll see 2 clips. 1 is easy to see, 1 not so. Push them down until they click (one at a time) with the screw driver (you need the length.) (this is all covered on youtube - find the video)

Then for sidelights, some people have had lots of issues as they are mounted on the end of 'lollypop sticks'

Basically, remove the rubber cap and you'll see what i mean. Most people have to twist the lollypop stick 180degrees (mine was only about 90 - you need to line the tabs up to get them out.) Be !Removed! careful mate, cause the lollypop stick is thin, brittle, and generally !Removed! and snaps easy. I used long nose pliers and just messed with it very gently, clipping as far down as i could to spread the pressure, wriggling it more that turning it. Then when its out you literally pull the bulb off the end and replace it.

!!!!!!AT THIS POINT CHECK IT WORKS!!!!!!

then do the reverse.. put the lollypop stick in the hole (lining the tabs up) then rotate the stick a bit to lock them in. Put the rubber cap on, then line the light unit up in its place, push it back until the clips re-engage then do the screw up :)

Job jobbed.

If you search for sidelights on here, and go back a month or so, you'll see loads of posts about it.

Youtube is your friend for removing the headlight unit.

Sweet, nice one mate. Not sure whether to go do it now while there's still some day light or just wait till tomorrow. Want it to hurry up and get dark so I can take some sexy night shots of the blue LEDs :D

tomorrow! definately need enough light.

some people disconnect the light wire harnesses and brought the light units inside to make it easier, but mine was quite easy anyway :)

Lol tomorrow it is then. What bulbs would you recommend for the high and low beams and fogs mate? Been looking at mtec cosmos blue's but some people rave about em and some people say they !Removed! so I'm not sure what to go for. Want em as nice and bright and white as I can get em for night time driving on motorways

I use Halfords ultra brilliance for dipped and some blue tinted white light ones for full beam and they are excellent for motorway.

They really illuminate lines, cats eyes and signposts to a good distance.

I use halfords ultra brilliance for dipped and some blue tinted white light ones for full beam and they are excellent for motorway.

They really illuminate lines, cats eyes and signposts to a good distance.

Was looking into them Clive mate after reading about them on one of your other posts somewhere but then after going on the Halfords site the customer reviews looked !Removed! :wacko:

Wanna do me a favour and link me the exact bulbs I need for each light? Be a nice little mod for next week ;)