Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Cap

Freedive

Is it just me or should the new fiesta have a locking fuel cap?! From what I can work out it would take me approx, 10 seconds to open and siphon petrol out of it. Anyone know if one is available?

Is it just me or should the new fiesta have a locking fuel cap?! From what I can work out it would take me approx, 10 seconds to open and siphon petrol out of it. Anyone know if one is available?

I could do it in 9 seconds so there :P . Seriously though, I'm surprised there's no internal fuel door release (at least that I can see). Do you really just push the fuel door twice and it opens? It does sound like a recipe for thieving gits to help themself to your hard earned go-juice. Tap-tap and the door's open, poke the internal flap open and siphon away.

On my 53 Corsa when the car was locked you we unable to open the cover. Surely this is the same principle? No? If not this is a serious worry...

On my 53 Corsa when the car was locked you we unable to open the cover. Surely this is the same principle? No? If not this is a serious worry...

I'm with you, I'd be very surprised if the fuel cap isn't integrated in the central locking system.

Can someone with a confirm this either way please? Got me worried now!

The door for the fuel cap does not lock when the car is locked. However after a bit of googling it wold seem that there is a check valve in the fuel line near the tank that allows the fuel in but does not allow it back out again.

Anti-Siphoning

Can someone with a confirm this either way please? Got me worried now!

The new fiesta has an anti-syphon feature i believe

Awesome. Thanks guys for the replys :) not worrying anymore.

Still doesnt stop people putting things in your tank!

2am - kebab (mmm) - now need somewhere for a jimmy (a ha ;) )

2am - kebab (mmm) - now need somewhere for a jimmy (a ha ;) )

I queried this and was told that it has a non return valve which means that you can put it in but you can't take it out apparently.

The Focus has this system too so hopefully everything will be OK unless old Truly walks past at 2am!!! :D B)

Most new cars these days have some sort of device to stop people syphoning your fuel out of your tank..ie some have a wire mesh in the filler pipe near the bottom so a length of pipe can't be pushed down the filler.

The Focus has this system too so hopefully everything will be OK unless old Truly walks past at 2am!!! :D B)

Tis correct and I also quired it on my Focus and was told the same.