Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Tyre / Space Saver

gc88

All wires connected together to go into car tomoro. Ive just ran out now to look at a rough idea what im doing. Where or more how do i get to the passanger side footwell wires? is it the wires that are exactly where the bulb goes in behind that? if so how do i get to it. Looked challenging if im looking and thinking right here? Cheers

the wires are directly behind the front footwell light sockets mate,

all you need to do is, in the passenger footwell remove the panel that is to the right of the passengers feet. pop out the two caps then remove the torx screws.

once removed you can see the cables better and gain access to the rear of the footwell light socket,

twist the socket by 80 degrees to unlock it then pull it upwards out of the metal support,

trace back along the cable around 1 inch then splice the new feed in to it and tape it up very well each terminal individually,

if you find this location too difficult,

you can remove the glove box and locate the same loom to the right of the dash inside the hole where the glove box sits.

the wires are directly behind the front footwell light sockets mate,

all you need to do is, in the passenger footwell remove the panel that is to the right of the passengers feet. pop out the two caps then remove the torx screws.

once removed you can see the cables better and gain access to the rear of the footwell light socket,

twist the socket by 80 degrees to unlock it then pull it upwards out of the metal support,

trace back along the cable around 1 inch then splice the new feed in to it and tape it up very well each terminal individually,

if you find this location too difficult,

you can remove the glove box and locate the same loom to the right of the dash inside the hole where the glove box sits.

Right Lenny ive managed to get to the footwell socket and twisted it out. not much wire free to work on but should be enough. How do i get the wires out of the footwell socket OR do i not? do i just slice the wire and try and tuck the new wire into it? im a bit confused sorry...

Cheers

In the original post, the question was asked : would the 18" rim fit in the boot.

So I've had a look at my space saver, and done a comparison.

1) My space saver : 125 / 85 R 16. - Total diameter 619 mm

2) My standard tyre : 205 / 55 R 16. - Total diameter 632 mm

3) Your wheel : 225 / 40 R 18. - Total diameter 637 mm

(All calculations courtesy of http://www.tyresizecalculator.com/)

The biggest size difference is between my own space saver and my own standard wheel/tyre - and that's 13mm

I haven't tried my own standard alloy in the boot, but I assume that it fits OK because Lenny has a full size spare with no complaints.

The difference between my own standard wheel/tyre and the 18" belonging to the gc88 is just 5mm.

Therefore I think it's safe to say that the 18" will fit.

Makes sense really, because if Ford make sure that the total rolling radius of the all tyres they fit to the various Focus models is the same (whatever the rim size / side profile) then they don't have to recalibrate the speedo for different cars.

Right Lenny ive managed to get to the footwell socket and twisted it out. not much wire free to work on but should be enough. How do i get the wires out of the footwell socket OR do i not? do i just slice the wire and try and tuck the new wire into it? im a bit confused sorry...

Cheers

Sorry to have gone all sign06.gif

but you just splice in to the bit of exposed cable and leave the socket on the cable,

then tape each connection up and tuck it in under the dash,

• 4 years later...
On 31/07/2012 at 1:31 PM, Lenny said:

Managed to get the finis codes for the boot lifter parts guys

For the left Section its Finis 1354075 Cost £42.20

For the right Section its Finis1344800 Cost £44.33

IMG_1301.jpg

Gents, Sorry for raising a thread from the dead but I'm keen to get hold of these parts!

Lenny the Finis number doesn't work on Ford's parts site. Do you or does anyone know what the actual name of these Polyester Polyfoam Polystyrene spacer lifting boot spare wheel stowage surround thingys are?? its driving me mad.

Thanks gents and sorry again for pull this back up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danny.. said:

Gents, Sorry for raising a thread from the dead but I'm keen to get hold of these parts!

Lenny the Finis number doesn't work on Ford's parts site. Do you or does anyone know what the actual name of these Polyester Polyfoam Polystyrene spacer lifting boot spare wheel stowage surround thingys are?? its driving me mad.

Thanks gents and sorry again for pull this back up.

They once we're the correct Ford part numbers; Ford change the part numbers on everything every year or two.

the kit also requires a smaller sized boot carpet, I have the full kit in my attic but shipping from outside the UK would be over 50 pounds.

it's the full spare tyre kit.

21 hours ago, Lenny said:

They once we're the correct Ford part numbers; Ford change the part numbers on everything every year or two.

the kit also requires a smaller sized boot carpet, I have the full kit in my attic but shipping from outside the UK would be over 50 pounds.

it's the full spare tyre kit.

Cheers Lenny

Appreciate the help.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club