Show
Photo

streetka 52. grinding noise coming from steering wheel when its turned moving and stationary. can anyone help please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 anita-

anita-

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: streetka 2003
Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:06 PM

hi,

Im having a little bit of a problem with my girlfriends streetka.

All of a sudden the steering wheel has started to make what can only be described as a grinding/scraping noise when it is turned. it happens when moving and stationary.

If any one has had a similer problem or can shed some light it would be appreciated

Thanks in advance jordan

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:05 PM

first thing to check would be the power steering fluid level as this often causes a grinding noise if it is low. if it is low there must be a leak someware that will need further investigation

#3 Jax

Jax

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: KA
Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

Hello there!

We are a ford ka family and both me and my sister have W reg KAs. We both have this same
problem it seems to come out of nowhere - mine did it just after being serviced so cannot be the
power sterring fluid. I dont think it is anything to worry about as it doesnt affect the general
handling of the car it is just annoying! My sisters doe it a lot more then mine and that has done
lower milege it seems to come and go but I wouldnt worry about it.

#4 TheGrenade

TheGrenade

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:05 AM

Hello there!

We are a ford ka family and both me and my sister have W reg KAs. We both have this same
problem it seems to come out of nowhere - mine did it just after being serviced so cannot be the
power sterring fluid. I dont think it is anything to worry about as it doesnt affect the general
handling of the car it is just annoying! My sisters doe it a lot more then mine and that has done
lower milege it seems to come and go but I wouldnt worry about it.

The airbag slip ring behind the steering wheel needs some silicon grease this should fix the problem

#5 ofaolain

ofaolain

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Andrew
  • Year: 2003

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

The airbag slip ring behind the steering wheel needs some silicon grease this should fix the problem

Hi is this a job for a Garage of can it be done by a normal :)

#6 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,480 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

A normal can do it. The noise is normally caused by a bit of grit or a piece of the mechanism getting stuck in the gap behind the wheel. As TheGrenade said, a bit of grease should do the trick.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users