Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gloss Black Painting Done!

Ross M

FogLight_m.JPGFrontGrille_m.JPGFront_m.JPGRearDiffuser_m.JPG

Hello One and All,

I have had my lovely Fiesta S1600 a few months now and I am loving ownership so far! :-)

I have already some simple but I feel very effective mods that keep the car OEM with a subtle twist and also paying homage to its bigger and faster brother the MK2 RS.

I hope people like this, I think the white and gloss black areas look really trick and smart.

I have had all the front matt plastic areas done, this is the front fog lights, front grilles and lower splitter and the rear diffuser.

I do apologise about the quality and location of the photos, these are from my iPhone. I do intend to a proper photoshoot before the bad weather gets here at a later date. :-)

Enjoy,

Ross

looks excellent mate,

did you have them done by a body shop?

Yes matey, because they are easily removable things, it was a straight forward job. I like keeping things original, bit with a different take ;-)

Cheers though

I am tempted to get a Zetec/Zetec-S/S1600 rear diffuser and toying with the idea of doing it gloss black to match my Panther Black Paint (and maybe soon to be gloss black alloys)

I would say go for it, it is relatively un expensive job! :) Although there would of course be more expense for you as you don't have the parts already

how much was the work? looks lovely btw

i got quoted £300 but thought that was a bit steep myself

Well I paid that, but i got an excellent job done and I hated that matt plastic, it cheapened the car so I didn't mind :)

Thanks though mate, I am pleased with it. :wub:

how much was the work? looks lovely btw

i got quoted £300 but thought that was a bit steep myself

alright mate was thinking getting mine done but if thats the ballpark figure then prob not.

on another note i seen you at the SCS and was talking to you bout the short shifter, how do i go about getting one of them with all the bushes. felt like bolt action on a sniper rifle lol

yeah i hate the standard grey colour. got a front splitter on way, so when thats here will get them all painted at once.

what other plans you got for car?

alright mate was thinking getting mine done but if thats the ballpark figure then prob not.

on another note i seen you at the SCS and was talking to you bout the short shifter, how do i go about getting one of them with all the bushes. felt like bolt action on a sniper rifle lol

The steeda guys are at Bespoke Performance parts

but if you go onto foc.com then they offer a reduced price to members, i was £182 delivered for mine. pretty steep compared to the mountune one but i seriously doubt it anywhere near the same quality

I don't think 300 quid is expensive but hey ho! :-) I am going to get some lowering springs next, other than that, I am not too sure, I have seen a nice strut brace on puma speeds website as well (just for some under bonnet bling of course) ;-)

That will be cool do get it done when you get your new splitter fitted. :)

FogLight_m.JPGFrontGrille_m.JPGFront_m.JPGRearDiffuser_m.JPG

Hello One and All,

I have had my lovely Fiesta S1600 a few months now and I am loving ownership so far! :-)

I have already some simple but I feel very effective mods that keep the car OEM with a subtle twist and also paying homage to its bigger and faster brother the MK2 RS.

I hope people like this, I think the white and gloss black areas look really trick and smart.

I have had all the front matt plastic areas done, this is the front fog lights, front grilles and lower splitter and the rear diffuser.

I do apologise about the quality and location of the photos, these are from my iPhone. I do intend to a proper photoshoot before the bad weather gets here at a later date. :-)

Enjoy,

Ross

Very Nice!

I'm currently in the process of spraying some parts of mine Gloss Black (want to see how well they turn out)

I doubt the will look anything like yours though :P

Cheers matey, why won they look as good?? They did the MK2 RS like this from the factory (I know its cost issues why they didn't) but I feel it should have been done from the start :)

Yes matey, because they are easily removable things, it was a straight forward job. I like keeping things original, bit with a different take ;-)

Cheers though

im planning to get mine sprayed by the body shop in the coming months

so hopfully they look as good as yours when finished.

what did you ask for, just gloss black or high gloss black?

I asked for the glossiest they could do to be honest. Although the body shop I used know me and know what I wanted and I also took along some pictures of the MK2 RS as a pointer ;)

I asked for the glossiest they could do to be honest. Although the body shop I used know me and know what I wanted and I also took along some pictures of the MK2 RS as a pointer ;)

thanks mate.

the guy i get to spay parts for me lives over an hour away and i want to be sure to have them the correct level of gloss and stuff,

so printing some pics of the RS sounds good, even printing the fog light surround of yours too if you dont mind :D

No problems at all! :-) I felt a little tacky taking pictures like to the place what did mine, but they look exactly the same, so that a result.

Cheers matey, why won they look as good?? They did the MK2 RS like this from the factory (I know its cost issues why they didn't) but I feel it should have been done from the start :)

ha - me being an amateur at spraying that's why they will look different and possibly less glossy. but will post some pics of the result

love the look of you car ross some very nice touches :)

ha - me being an amateur at spraying that's why they will look different and possibly less glossy. but will post some pics of the result

Have a positive mental attitude towards it! :) Thing is for me, I would rather pay for something to be done properly than me try to do it on the cheap as such and then pay out again for someone to sort it out. ;)

Cheers Ron, I prefer it now this has been done and it has the top stripes off it from when I bought it. :)