Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sept 2010 Fiesta Zetec 1.25 Cigar Lighter Problem

stu4rt

Hello, this is my first post, :)

Would some kind soul help me find the correct fuse for the cigar lighter fuse from the glovebox fuse box? I've looked at the manual and it says a number for the fuse, however there is no guide as to what fuse corresponds to the number. I've looked around the glovebox and read the manual a couple of times, but no key or visual guide.

There also seems to be two configurations. I've tried to work it out from the amp of the fuses in there, but still no joy.

I've also ran a multimeter from the copper end and the side wall, so know that there is not 12v there.

I've attached a photo of the fuse box so if someone could let me know if a) theres a fuse missing or B) I've some other possible problem it would be very helpful.

post-35475-0-09236100-1343071936_thumb.j

Thank you in advance

Stu :D

I'd check the 20A one first and then move to the 15A.

Hi, I have just replaced my cigarette lighter fuse,(blue 15amp)

I'm new to this forum and unsure how to attach photos.... I located and snapped a shot of the fuse diagram.

If you can pm me your email and I will send you the diagram, or you could unscrew your glovebox and check to see if you have the diagram stuck to the underside.

Hello, just sent you a PM for this.

Thanks

EDIT: Thanks for your mail but that doesn't correspond to what I have. . .

Would some kind soul help me find the correct fuse for the cigar lighter fuse from the glovebox fuse box? I've looked at the manual and it says a number for the fuse, however there is no guide as to what fuse corresponds to the number. I've looked around the glovebox and read the manual a couple of times, but no key or visual guide.

There also seems to be two configurations. I've tried to work it out from the amp of the fuses in there, but still no joy.

I've also ran a multimeter from the copper end and the side wall, so know that there is not 12v there.

I've attached a photo of the fuse box so if someone could let me know if a) theres a fuse missing or B) I've some other possible problem it would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance

Thank you in advance

I think you have a fuse missing. I have the Haynes manual and in both high and low spec models the cigar lighter fuse is 20A at F22. It should be sixth from the left on the third row up in your photo - just to the right of the 15A fuse which is for Audio and bluetooth.

The high series fuses are numbered (excluding the very bottom row of bigger square ones) from the left F1-F8 on the bottom row, F9-F16 on the second row up, F17-F24 on the third row up. Then the very bottom row of larger ones are F25 to 33, and finally the two top rows are F34-F41 and F42 to F49.

Hope this helps!

• 1 year later...

Hi all

I have the same problem that my 12V power supply doesn't work, the fuse is ok, I checked that a used another fuse just to make sure, one thing I have noticed, and I'm not sure if it should be like this, inside the pocket, there is a loose piece of plastic, circular with a hole in in the middle, should that be in there, it looks like it's held in by two small clips either side. Should it be loose? Should it be in there? Other than that any one have any ideas on this problem? If I need to replace the socket how's the best way to remove it, I've tried to prise it out and it comes out a bit, but then there's a lump at the end that won't come through the hole. Help!!

• 7 years later...

I have a 2009 Zetec 1.4 Petrol  Auto.

Just changing the little 20A now. See picture and hope that helps anyone.

The spade fuses are smaller than earlier standard sizes. My workshop has 30 different types...nightmare

Fiesta Cigar.jpg

I was trying to sort this very circuit for my lad's 2009 Zetec. On the Mk7 it's a permanently live connection, in that even with the car off and locked it's still ive. On the 7.5 mid life update it's now controlled and switches off with the timer on the BMC. Far safer. 

I was trying to wire my Lad's dash cam battery backup charger into it with no success at all. It would work fine on the 7.5, just not on his older car. Bummer. This is the correct fuse BTW. it's a battery fed connection, so you'll have one side of that fuse fed to the live of the cigar lighter, and the other side is permanently live and on the battery busbar. Like all these new CANBUS cars, everything is always live and switched by signal wires. ***** nuisance they are.

• 1 year later...

Zero profile information generally = zero replies.

SPAM BOT.JPG