Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Light Accidentally Got Reset - Will This Cause Problems When I Take It In?

crankingtime

Basically the check engine light came on while I was driving my 10-reg focus, I plugged an OBD reader that I bought ages ago in - it happily read the codes but erased them after.

The problem is that the car is still in warranty and naturally I don't want to lose that!

If I take it in and explain the situation and give them the code are they likely to claim that I have voided the warranty (even though the light only came on a couple of days ago) or will they be understanding? Would it be better to never mention the light and just describe the symptoms and hope they diagnose it correctly, or will they be able to tell that the light was on?

Thanks a lot.

If the code has cleared and not reocurred yet you may have had a momentary glitch.

If it doesn't show again then don't worry about it.

If it shows again, leave it on and get it dealt with then.

If the code has cleared and not reocurred yet you may have had a momentary glitch.

If it doesn't show again then don't worry about it.

If it shows again, leave it on and get it dealt with then.

Thanks - That's what I was initially planning, but it's actually having problems so I should get it looked at. I guess I just hope that it shows up again by the time it's booked in now.

Dont say nothing just act daft tell them the syptoms and leave it with them dont give them the chance to worm there way out of anything there all, to quick to do it to the punter .

if you wrote the codes down you could say the aa came out and erased them in the hope it would get you to youre destination

Cheers guys - I've never had to get it looked at under warranty, so wasn't sure how nice they are about these things. I think I'll just leave it... hopefully they can fix the problem anyway!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club