Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Levi Heron

Ford Fiesta Sidelight/stereo Problem?!!!!

5 posts in this topic

my stereo only works when i have my sidelights turned on and it does not work when i have them off i just fitted a new stereo and i dont know what to do from here???

Did you use the correct adapters? I will show you what I mean in a moment, via pic.

That is a strange one. there's no way of checking if the wires for your new radio need the power bypassed through the lights before it turns on, like a logic gate. What adapters, if any, did you use??

ive actually just got it sorted now after blowing a few fuses i never used any adaptors just crimped the wires together i had the stereo going through the sidelights instead of the power cable :S

haha i thought as much, sounded like someone confused the illumination wire with the power/ignition wire :P

Well learn from your mistakes next time, could have been the straight battery wire, then you would have had a fire on your hands, ah well at least its sorted, btw nice colour Dave :)