6 replies to this topic

#1 BaZaB

BaZaB

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6L Duratorq TDCi
  • Year: 2011

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

As the title says Ford Focus 1.6L Duratorq TDCi front window, green tinted, heated, ''sound screen'' part # 0725793.

Mine got a stone chip over two weeks ago and gave it a 4 inch split, rang Saga Ins and they only use AA Windscreens, they bought the wrong one round to fit as it was not ''SoundScreen'' so they still have not managed to get one from Ford UK!!!!

What the hell, it's just over a year old and not a replacement one in the country, I suppose I am now breaking the law driving the car because the crack is now 18 inches long and in my drivers eyesight view?

Is there anyone here that can throw any light as to why Ford don't have these available for such a new car.

Cheers in anticipation...

BTW I have said hello in newbies section <_<

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 11,356 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Mk2.5 Focus ZetecS 1.6TDCi superleggero
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

As the title says Ford Focus 1.6L Duratorq TDCi front window, green tinted, heated, ''sound screen'' part # 0725793.

Mine got a stone chip over two weeks ago and gave it a 4 inch split, rang Saga Ins and they only use AA Windscreens, they bought the wrong one round to fit as it was not ''SoundScreen'' so they still have not managed to get one from Ford UK!!!!

What the hell, it's just over a year old and not a replacement one in the country, I suppose I am now breaking the law driving the car because the crack is now 18 inches long and in my drivers eyesight view?

Is there anyone here that can throw any light as to why Ford don't have these available for such a new car.

Cheers in anticipation...

BTW I have said hello in newbies section <_<

ford will have these in storage in Germany somewhere, as they do with most of their excess stock.
but because it has a headed element in it, then it would be a special order,
ford stopped making the mk2.5 in 2010 and began production of the mk3 so although your car is just over a year old,
its been two and a half years since ford made any parts for it.
and since the glass windscreen is such a large and brittle item, your local dealers wouldn’t take stock of them on the shelves, and definitely not in heated form,
this one will be a pain in the glass as they say in Holland. ;)

#3 BaZaB

BaZaB

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

Thanks Lenny but my car was made in 20.05.2011 in Spain and is Version: Series 32

Anyway I have just gotton onto Saga and asked for a replacement car as mine is illiegal to drive now, and they said they don't do that I said it would be ok'd if I had dented the wing and had to wait a month for a part....''I said I pay for a curtesry car in case of acciodent'' :D

So now the outcome is they [Saga] have ok'd with AA windscreens to fit a standard screen Thursday morning and as soon as the proper screen which is on backorder with the MoCo, when in they will then fit that and remove the temp one. Result at last with me pushing them. And just the ONE £75 excess to pay obviously [I double checked that!]. :o

#4 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 18,077 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: 2015 Focus ST3 250BHP
  • Year: 2015
Contributor

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

Sometimes you have to stamp your feet to get what you're entitled to.
Like for like replacement is standard.

#5 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,927 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

heated screens are a nitemare to source autoglass usualy have 1 in stock

#6 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,957 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:17 AM

Agreed, or contact National Windscreens, they replaced my heated screen like for like!

#7 BaZaB

BaZaB

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

Well true to their word they were here first thing and fitted the replacement albeit not the correct one yet, as the correct Ford only screen is on back-order, should of paid £75 excess but the fitter said as far as he is concerned the computer read out say's I have already paid it. Posted Image

Result at the moment, AA will contact me when they get the like for like replacement screen.

SnapShot.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users