Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Light Problems Fezza Mk7

tichy87

I recently took my interior light apart to c wot bulb i needed and now when ive put it all bak together the switch does not seem to work at all its like thers nothing ther ... has anybody else had this or am i just an idiot that cant put it back in correctly lol thanks. :-)

have you checked the fuse?

Ye fuse is fine i think its the switch on the light thers no clicking when i move it its like thers a part missing hmmmmm tis very annoying coz it will b summot so simple lol

Ye fuse is fine i think its the switch on the light thers no clicking when i move it its like thers a part missing hmmmmm tis very annoying coz it will b summot so simple lol

Hi,

I had/still have this problem. I installed a sunglasses holder some time back and everything was fine for a time, then the 3 interior lights and the footwell ones had a life of their own, that life was normally out! When I had time I did a few checks, the diagnostic of the GEM (just in case) and eventually just had a fiddle with the connections in the light assembly. That gave me the main interior and the left interior one, right one is still up the duff ..... I must have another fiddle with it! I am presuming that the right one also feeds the rear boot light .... that's not working either. The only wiring diagram I have is the Haynes one and it is a little schematic really but with that and my symptoms that's what I think. The light fitting and all the little bits of copper inside does seem flimsy ..... if I was a betting man I know where my money is placed!

Thanks for that, it helps, al have another fiddle when i get some free time am sure al find the problem at some point lol

• 1 month later...

hey guys i've just changed the interior buld in my mk7 and when put it back together if i have the switch in the middle/totally off the light stays on and if i switch it to side to come on when doors are open it does not come on. not that i use it, just changed to a blue led and same problem happens if put old bulb back in. any help would be much appreciated

Remove the clear plastic lens and pull out the light switch.

Bend the 2 copper contacts inwards towards each other and apply some Vaseline to the tips.

Refit the switch and reassemble the light unit.

Also check that the bulb holder is rotated into the fully home position and check that the thin metal tags that once held the metal tracks together during manufacture have been fully broken and are no longer causing the tracks to short circuit.

This should cure most problems.

• 4 years later...

the solution above just worked for me! thanks very much. :thumbup:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club