Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Mk3 Galaxy Engine Malfunction Message

Kev Mc

hello all,

I first had this message appear in june and the car brokedown, got recovered to local garage who diagnosed that the EGR Valve had collapsed. so they got a new one for me. That solved the problem until 2 weeks ago message came back, back to garage. diagnostics plugged in and say DPF - so tried washing the soot rhu, to no avail, so had this replaced last week,

All okay for 6 days until sunday gone the message came back and car back into LIMP Mode. I am at a loss as to what it can be, I reckon as does the garage the turbo pipe is faulty and needs replacing? could this be the problem or has anyone had the same problems?

thanks in advance

think i would be inclined to lose my temper with the garage doing the work,seems to me there systematically going to go through until they find the actual problem TROUBLE is your paying for the privalige.

Hello,well thats one of the problems with modern cars of today,pin pointing the cause of a problem seems not too easy,had a similar problem with our 2007 galaxy (non dpf) had the egr valve changed and was fine for about 3 weeks and problem returned,had exhaust changed for a brand new one in june as it was blowing and has been fine ever since - having said that it then went into limp mode yesterday for the 1st in about 7 weeks

• 10 months later...

Did you ever resolve this problem ?