Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie (Hi All ) Needs Focus Advice Pls

Andyman

Hi all,

Found viewed drove and bought a Titanium 1.6 today.

Car had been reduced by 300 two times and I then got 400 off and I paid so I got it for 8350 and I bought a ford direct warrenty for 280 so now I'm skint lol.

Got it from Dagenham ford in Gillingham and we pick it up friday.

Its a 2009 with only 12k on clock ( ex Mobility car ) just had third service at Gillingham and they said it was a big full service, had MOT at same time ( 27th June I think).

Vision Blue which I fell in love with and so did wifey, 17" Titanium alloys,

Sadly does not have Tinted windows or bluetooth thogh once Ive sold our Zafira I can spare a couple of hundred for tinted windows but not sure what I can do re bluetooth yet,,,,,any ideas welcome.

Piccies in due course.

I cannot afford their Gap insurance at £400 but did see advert on Autotrader that does Gap insurance and for up to 5k and three yrs cover would cost me £80, is it worth doing??.

Advice would be appreciated.

Regards Andy

I'm guessing from the price you went for the petrol in the end? If so, did you test drive any of the diesels?

Yes mate its petrol,

Didnt test a tdci, probably should have done but tbh both wife and i prefer petrol, just hope weve made the right choice lol.

Yes mate its petrol,

Didnt test a tdci, probably should have done but tbh both wife and i prefer petrol, just hope weve made the right choice lol.

Hah, I did exactly the same with the diesel, probably should have test driven a petrol, which is why I was asking if you'd had chance to compare!

Welcome to the Vision Blue club! By far the best colour going ;)

Sounds like you have a peach of a car! I have a 1.8 Petrol Zetec but it comes with bluetooth.

I have just spent the last week searching for one of these for my sister. Her new company are enforcing the car rules which mean no older than 7 years and no more than 70k. A titanium spec focus is top of her list and her budget is £8-£8.5 so knowing you got yours for that amount is excellent!

Get some photos posted when you get it!

Happy driving!

JG321, You know if I'm honest that main reason I didnt try a tdci is the DPF and DMF issues=They scared me.

Also I know diesel power has come on in leaps and bounds but imho One cant beat the smooth quietness of petrol engine.

lol you may think I'm talking rubbish and I wouldnt knock any tdci owners out there but just just my uneducated view lol.

Andy, I did love the Panther black best until I saw a polished up Vision Blue Focus and I fell in love lol, thankfully the wife agrees (strangly enough lol).

The dealership still has another the same and said they would take £8700 for it if your sister can find another £200.

Will let you know how I get on, was just wondering tonight, do buyers of pre-owned still get bunches of flowers??,

wife would love that lol,

I'm gonna hold out for a keyring lol.

You got bluetooth eh?, jammie, I couldnt find one with that option though at least I got my 17" alloys and cruise control.

btw I'll be a member of your Vision Blue club, do we get seats at the bar or do we have to gather in the corner of a room lol.

Forgot to ask again,

Does anyone know about this Gap insurance on Autotrader, really could use peoples advice and views please please.

Andy

Defo don't think you're talking rubbish, whatever works for you!

Curious as to how the 1.6 petrol drives tbh. Might just go and test drive one.

I know what you mean about the smooth power delivery though, the girlfriend's petrol always surprises me with how quick it is off the line too compared to mine. Have personally always preferred how diesels drive though, but as I say, each to their own.

Guy at work has just bought an insignia and looks like he's got DMF issues. Really not good!

And sorry, don't know anything about GAP insurance!

My understanding of GAP insurance is that it will pay the difference if you right off your car in what your own car insurance will give you (market value) and the price you paid for the car, this difference depends on the age of the car and an what you paid for it also the terms of your own car insurance, as you can see it's not straightforward; I didn't get Gap insurance when I bout my 3 year old Focus for £8K as I figured that if I had an accident and the car was written off the difference in the insurance pay out would be the least of my worries, I may not even be alive. On that cheerful note it's your decision.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club