Mondeo 2002 2.0 Duratec Misfiring After Getting Wet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andy5100

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

hi guys hope im posting this in right bit,im new here,basically whilst washing my car on sunday my son thought he was helping by pressure washing my engine,it wasnt running but immediatly after stopping him and leaving it for 20 mins i moved car and running really bad,drove him home 30 miles away and eml came on and wasnt running any better,called recovery and he sprayed leads etc reset eml and said my ht leads need replacing,after driving home that night it was much better and on the way to wok next day wasnt bad either,then as soon as i turned it on after work was running reaaly bad again
i brought new plugs and ht leads but still running like a dog,the recovery driver said it was misfiring on cylinder 3.ive disconected battery and reset light but its running bad still and light came back on flashing amber then solid.any ideas pls guys? it was running sweet before all this but now its awfull and stalls when revs drop really low when stopping etc

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 19,640 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: 2015 Focus ST3 250BHP
  • Year: 2015

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:47 AM

I'd replace the coil pack too.

#3 NorthSussex

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Name: Stormin
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Petrol manual
  • Year: 2009

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

I had the same symptoms, (No 3 misfiring), on my last Mondeo, and yes it was the coil pack.

#4 btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: KA Edge, BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2015

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

I would disconnect each of the connections to the injectors as well and make sure they are dried out and clean.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users