Do Not Sell My Personal Information

50P Off A Litre At Tesco!

Steven33

Doesn't work out at a very good deal. It costs me £65ish to fill up, so if I did that at Tesco with 50p a litre off, then it would only cost me £40, saving me £25, but to get the coupons you need to by £47 worth of stuff.

Only really a good deal if you were intending to buy coffee, squash, toilet paper, beans and washing powder.

So it's £87 for all that plus a tank of fuel. But I could easily get squash, toilet paper, beans and washing power (I don't drink coffee) for £22 elsewhere/different brands, so I reckon I could get all those items plus a fuel tank of fuel at normal prices for £87.

A bit of maths saves the day again!

but you forgot about your clubcard points!!! :P

but you forgot about your clubcard points!!! :P

Haha, Tesco is far too expensive for the likes of me so I have no such loyalty card!

I've got a Morrisons, Asda, Lidl and Home Bargains within half a mile of my house, so a trip to them all once a month gives me optimal value for money!

Unfortunately Tesco is literally about10 seconds from my flat, they have me ensnared :(

I get a loyalty card wherever I go, no matter how little I use it, if they want my custom they better !Removed! reward me for it! :P I wouldnt go for that offer though, as GSM said, petrol without the tax, but when your forking out £80 odd for a 60 quid tank of fuel...

Unfortunately Tesco is literally about10 seconds from my flat, they have me ensnared :(

To be fair the closest two supermarkets to me is a small Scot-mid and a Tesco Metro or Express or whatever it's called. But they're just too expensive so I take a short drive down the road to the ASDA/Lidl/Home Bargains/Morrisons.

Another excuse to drive the lovely car I suppose :P.

I get a loyalty card wherever I go, no matter how little I use it, if they want my custom they better !Removed! reward me for it! :P I wouldnt go for that offer though, as GSM said, petrol without the tax, but when your forking out £80 odd for a 60 quid tank of fuel...

I did that too, but got fed up with the cluttered wallet (because, despite taking loyalty cards from everywhere, I was loyal to none of them, and so just ended up with about 6 cards - a wallet full of loyalty cards... such irony) and the fact that you need to spend about a million quid to get a fivers worth of fuel vouchers back or something.

Took me 2 years of driving at first until my Shell loyalty card return £2.50 off my next fill..........

afraid the loyalty card i use most often is for nandos.... :unsure:

You get better loyalty points for busty barbara's bondage boudoir.

(oopsy) ;)

I have a bit of a thing with tesco fuel i cant conclusivley prove it but heres what evidence i have so far :

just lately (this will be the fifth french car comming in with same problem) a customer brought in a pug 206 gti 180 and said the antipollution light keeps comming on, we went through everything as usual couldnt find anything apart from a slightly over dirty fuel filter for the mileage. changed it gave the engine a thorough clean drained existing fuel and went and put £10 of Shell v power in, took it for a 15 mile test drive, everything was fine no problems.

so signed it off and customer was happy.

3 days later came back with same problem this time we checked everything from fuel system to sensors nothing doing, anyway one of the rac guys came in with a car and we had a chat, he said "I bet you its that crappy tesco petrol, my mates a tanker delivery driver and they use the worst grade posible".

so i phone the customer back and after a good chat he thinks this could have been happening after filling up at tesco alot lately, and the light comming on seems to be about the same time, so 3 days later he calls back in and says its never happened since ive been filling up at morrisons :D. like i say this is the 5th or 6th time we had this problem and couldnt resolve it, i cant say anything about the diesel, but maybe something to think about.

Strange. You'd think they'd have the cheapest fuel if it's the lowest quality. Not round my way, anyway.

i never usually fill up with supermarket fuel if I can help it but this has confirmed my fears!

I alternate between ASDA fuel and Shell fuel on a 3:1 ratio. Seems to run just fine.

I tend to stick with Shell, and if I cant get Shell I get sainsbury's as they are in partnership with BP for their fuel.

Basically they give you the worst fuel for the most 'competitive' price - their profits go up and you *think* your getting a good deal...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club