Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Focus Engine Problem!

pringle18

Hi Folks,

New to the site and like what i see.

I have a question, hoping some1 may be able to answer.

I have had problems with the car stalling when its hot and coming to a stop at junctions etc. I have replaced the idle control valve for a second hand one and this now is over revving the car and this making it un-driveable!! icon_smile_facepalm.gif

Has anyone had this problem before? Was it definately the idle control valve or was it something else?

Any help at all would be great!!

Cheers

second hand idle control valves are not the way to go if its no longer stalling but just over revving then it most likely was the idle control valve but youve swapped a stuck shut one for a stuck open one check all hoses while the car is being revved to ensure none are collapsing then if alls okay i would order a new valve from eBay

exactly what i thought! typical that when trying to keep costs down this happens! one on order already so hopefully this should cure problem. thanks

i had the same issue with my old mk1 out of 4 icv valves i got from a scrappy only one worked and then only for a week or two in the end i had to buy a new one anyway by that time ide spent double what a new one would have cost to start with

think by the looks of things, on here and from other places i've seen, this is quite a common problem. Just bite the bullet and buy new next time, as you said, so many second hand units can equal the price of a new one!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club