Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broken Garage Door??

Brigante

Finally tracked down a garage door on eBay and it was delivered today.. But it appears to be broken!! :angry: :(

Front

291443_467788426573049_900570354_o.jpg

Open

473566_467788346573057_1212292725_o.jpg

Closed

411565_467788213239737_627390726_o.jpg

As you can see it won't close :mellow:

Has anyone got any ideas? is there something I need to do to get it to close or will it only close when I fit it in my car? Or is it in fact broken and the nob head breakers sent me damaged goods? They posted it already open and it was well wrapped in layers and layers of take and bubble wrap so there's no way it was damaged in transit.

No point fitting it to my car if its not going to close so if any one can offer up any help it would be greatly appreciated :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• Stoney871

• artscot79

• Lenny

Its had too much of that chinese tea hasn't it...?

Mine was a bit gammy when i first got it, and never closed, but over time with use it now works perfectly.

to close mine i just push the door downwards and in,

I dont know, however, if yours is going to be the same :)

Maybe someone will come along with something useful to say :)

:)

Lmao will you lot shush with the tea already? Do you reckon I should try and fit it, see if it works?

That's as they are, mine is the same.

The door lines up with the front of the cubby trim.

I looked at mine when I got it and had a head scratch and a think.

Figured it out.

If you look where the hinges etc are the door will not physically go any further down.

im sure thats how it is due to the dimensions of the cubby hole it fits into

Fit it and see what happens.

Saves sending it back, them fitting it, calling you an idiot then sending it back out!

Once again your right uncle stoney but a little late. When i first looked at it i saw it physically couldn't close any more but weren't sure if it was supposed to be like that or if i had been screwed over and it was majorly broken. Was in a bit of a rage already from work so I went with the latter and got on the forum. Then right after posting i thought about it properly and thought oooh.. Test fitted it and its all cushty :D Just gotta carbon wrap it now and cut a hole in it for power supply so i can still use my satnav.

!Removed! phone.. I tried sending my last message ages ago right after stoney first replied but it kept saying it couldn't load the page and only just managed to get it to send :mellow:

i bought one too and it wouldnt close and i too thought it i was sent a damaged one but in came in a sealed Ford box. Then i decided to fix it and .......i didnt manage to break it!

Oh yeah, some reason there was a fair bit of sand behind the rubber bit that I pull out the cubby hole :wacko: not somewhere you would expect to find sand.

depends what you were doing in the front lol

Oh yeah, some reason there was a fair bit of sand behind the rubber bit that I pull out the cubby hole :wacko: not somewhere you would expect to find sand.

perhaps the donor car was a result of flooding and scrapped due to water damage.

that would have filled the interior carrying dirt and debree with it.

perhaps the donor car was a result of flooding and scrapped due to water damage.

that would have filled the interior carrying dirt and debree with it.

Donor car? Meaning the car the garage door unit came from? I meant actually in my car mate behind the rubber bit that's already in my cubby hole

Probably the ashes of the previous owner.

Donor car? Meaning the car the garage door unit came from? I meant actually in my car mate behind the rubber bit that's already in my cubby hole

facepalm.gif my Bad

i thought you ment in the garage door unit so i then assumed the donor car may have gotten somthing in to it via flooding since their has been alot of flooding earleir in the year.

i wish i cant even get the breakers to give me a bloomin reply 5 phone calls and 4 emails

i wish i cant even get the breakers to give me a bloomin reply 5 phone calls and 4 emails

:wacko: they still not got back to you? did you say I sent you mate? think they did take about a week to get back to me in the first place saying they have it so they probably just really busy.

apparently the item was sold over 5 days ago?????

Well I finally got around to fitting my flap/ashtray.

Easy as pie except removing the lighter socket from it's original position.

Why the hell did ford mould the sleeve around the socket with a !Removed! bulb holder when it's black anyway so no light could have ever come through it? I couldn't seperate the socket from the sleeve no matter which way I pulled, pushed or twisted so resorted to pliers to snap off the bulb holder.

Anyway, ashtray came with a clear green sleeve and bulb in it so the black one was defunct anyhow.

Nice of Ford to provide the wire for the light so that's working and also now provides me with a 12v live feed if I ever decide to fit an illuminated gear knob.

No photos as I was too busy swearing and sweating like a lawn sprinkler.

i have just got hold of one and after reading what you have just been through i'm in two minds about doing it myself - might just get my old man to do it!

It was probably just me with my fingers of butter and fists of ham making it more difficult than it should have been.

I'm not a small lad and curling up in a footwell and working mostly by feel probably didn't help.

i had to remove the socket a while back its a pain the 1st time but easy after that i find it easier to kneel down outside the car and get my head and arms in the footwell good time to check the aircon drain while youre there

But why the hell do they fit a bulb holder to a black sleeve? Seems a total waste of time and just an embuggerance for the sake of it.

apparently the item was sold over 5 days ago?????

What the hell :wacko:

The breakers told me they had it in stock and quoted me 30quid the same day Lenny gave you their details. I may have another lead for you through mate, the breakers I eventually bought mine from asked me what colour I wanted when I paid, presumably because they had more than one in different colours.. I'll message him again and see if he still has some

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club