Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dipped Lights

Luke Fletcher

Evening People,

im looking to change the dipped lights on my fez to some bright ones than already in there. i think there to dull.

anyone got any advise on what type to go for and how much they will cost.

How bright should i go

Luke

I've upgraded dipped and mains to the new Ring Xenon Ultima 120%. Very noticable improvement for the dipped and ridiculously bright for the main beams now, and all still legal. Well chuffed and have to recommend. £30'ish high street, £15'ish eBay.

Do you have a link for these at all?

Do they look like real Xenons with a blue tint to them or just the same as a standard bulb, but bright?

You need H1 for main and H7 for dipped. If you want to do your sidelights at the same time they're W5W wedge bulbs (I say that because removing the headlamp unit can be fiddly so you may want to do the whole lot in one go). The Ring Xenon Ultima 120%'s are designed with a strong bias toward brightness. They're Xenon bulbs and there is a slight blue hue to them but it's much more toward the usual yellow, albeit a much stronger whiter flavour. If you want a blue look or more pure white you are going to need to look for bulbs that have a fairly heavy blue coating on them, the bluer the higher the colour temperature and whiteness. However, you mentioned you want much brighter and the blue layer will reduce the brightness so you may not see much gain, simple fact and can't be helped. Question is whether you want bright or white. If you want bright then The Ring 120%'s are spot on, otherwise trawl eBay for some bulbs with a blue coating. A reasonable cheaper alternative is that's very (very) slightly whiter are the Cobalt Blue II's from Phoenix (http://www.phoenixautobulbs.co.uk/pr/abs-cobalt-blue-499/ and http://www.phoenixautobulbs.co.uk/pr/abs-cobalt-blue-448/). I've tried those, The Ring Xenon Ultimate 120%'s, and Osram Nightbreaker's and the Ring's are by far the brightest, and I mean by a country mile - night driving is rally very good now. It's all down to look and practicality. Hope this helps :)