Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Minor Mods To Date

Brigante

I know mate its a tough one. Gonna try adjusting her seat. I personally feel the difference but it obviously isn't good if they affecting the Missus so much. I do think they look great and I know mate I plan on getting some window tints at some point but they'll have to wait till I've done a few other mods first. By the way, what is a rough price on getting the rear windows tinted professionally?

id buy her one of these to protect her ears when the window is open

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Thinsulate-Balaclava-SAS-Style-with-Lining-Motorbike-Ski-/130590537957?pt=UK_Hats&hash=item1e67cd78e5

my missus hates wind deflectors on cars too, and has advised me not to get them but i dont give a

what she says in regards to anything lol ive got them on the list.

and for the rear windows on professional tint your looking at £160 or less but no more than £180 and no less than £120

id buy her one of these to protect her ears when the window is open

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Thinsulate-Balaclava-SAS-Style-with-Lining-Motorbike-Ski-/130590537957?pt=UK_Hats&hash=item1e67cd78e5

my missus hates wind deflectors on cars too, and has advised me not to get them but i dont give a

what she says in regards to anything lol ive got them on the list.

and for the rear windows on professional tint your looking at £160 or less but no more than £180 and no less than £120

Lmao Lenny you nob ed knew you'd come out with that.. Just told her your sugestion and she said it would mess her hair n makeup up as well as most likely get us pulled over.

Thought the tints would be something like that. I know it's the going rate but when you think about it it's a lot of money for something that will benefit me in no way what so ever cause I can only get the rears done and when am I ever actually gonna be a back seat passenger in my own car lol, I rarely even have passengers in the back. Am gonna get em done at some point but might even have to wait till the ST replica is finished.

Lmao Lenny you nob ed knew you'd come out with that.. Just told her your sugestion and she said it would mess her hair n makeup up as well as most likely get us pulled over.

Thought the tints would be something like that. I know it's the going rate but when you think about it it's a lot of money for something that will benefit me in no way what so ever cause I can only get the rears done and when am I ever actually gonna be a back seat passenger in my own car lol, I really even have passengers in the back. Am gonna get em done at some point but might even have to wait till the ST replica is finished.

all in good fun mate, no offence intended wag.gif

if you keep an eye on eBay you may pick up a set of climaer focus window blinds which sit in to the frame of the rear windows cost around £60 second hand and give the same effect as tints without the need to remove your owners club decals.

see them here:

Image1837.jpg

Image1819.jpg

Image1823.jpg

Lol i know mate sorry i didn't mean any offence in what i said either just know you'd be first to come out with a funny remark. Gave the missus a good laugh when i showed her the link.

Do need to work out what to do about the deflectors though, not good if they making worse what they purpose built to make better

What is it your missus doesn't like about them exactly?

What is it your missus doesn't like about them exactly?

she saysstickpoke.gif they would make me look like a billy boy racer and reckons they are only for smokers.

but she also hates tinted windows and a range of other modifications lol

i had the team heckos on my EP-91 Starlet and she didnt like them neither because she said she couldnt see the passenger side wing mirror properly.

lalala.gif

• Like 2

really they are designed so you can have the window open an inch or so without rain etc getting in personally i dont have any issues and the mrs doesnt moan she knows better its a long walk home lol

My Missus doesn't dare say anything about what I do to the car or else she knows she'll be walking.

Anyway she sees the benefit of my climair- and yes we're both smokers.

i rang around a few places for my window tints. I then rang what i expected to be a very expensive company (they do most of ford dealerships for them). For the rears of mine the quoted incl tax £150 and i had my car back within 3 hours. Was extremely happy, they really make the car look something else.

I do like the blinds as suggested too, as a much cheaper option, I didn't know about these before i tinted my car.

You old brute Clive.

Nah she does't think they look boy racerish or anything it is just that they some how making the wind hit her even worse. So if thats the case they very impractical.

I thought they was supposed to work even if the window was half open by chaneling the front wind over the deflector and away from the window. If they only work when the windows open an inch then they pretty much pointless.

not really they are a god send in the winter and you can leave the window open an inch or so in hot weather and no one can see it either ive had them on both the focis and they have come in very handy a few times now they do channel more air away than than if you dont have them fitted

Well this turned up today and I've been looking forward to giving the poor old girl a good valet..

614758_475539809131244_790130845_o.jpg

But it's just typical ain't it, after the hot sunny weather we've had the last few days, the day my cleaning kit turns up it has to pish down all day don't it. Knew it was gonna happen. Hopefully I'll be able to do it on the weekend before I'm back to work on Monday.

On a happier note though my rear door trims turned up day and been fitted so now the poor girl no longer has the outlines of a ghia badge burnt into her.

So I've completely neglected the missus all day and now in her bad books but here are the results:

DSCN0662.jpg

DSCN0663.jpg

DSCN0652.jpg

DSCN0653.jpg

DSCN0667.jpg

DSCN0669.jpg

DSCN0670.jpg

DSCN0655.jpg

DSCN0649.jpg

DSCN0660.jpg

Went a bit mad with the photos lol :P

Still can't get rid of where the badges used to be though. Gonna take ages for it to fade in :(

DSCN0659.jpg

nah it shouldnt i used t cut on a damp cloth and gently rubbed and it all blended in then a bit of wax polish and jobs a good un

nah it shouldnt i used t cut on a damp cloth and gently rubbed and it all blended in then a bit of wax polish and jobs a good un

Have to get some t cut then mate. No comments on how shiny my car is lol? The surroundings ruins it can just see the road reflected in the sides

First thing, You need some black overlays on back, look perfect then

Secondly, car looks great, really nice. Worth the time and effort for sure From side pictures you can really see it. Curious how long did you spend on it? Ha

First thing, You need some black overlays on back, look perfect then

Secondly, car looks great, really nice. Worth the time and effort for sure From side pictures you can really see it. Curious how long did you spend on it? Ha

Lol already been looking at the black overlays for a while mate. Most likely order them next time I get paid cause I've spent a bit much the last few weeks so funds are a bit tight now for 2 weeks.

Took a good few hours lol doing a panel at a time. The photo's really don't do it justice though cause it was clouding over and the roads just reflecting in the doors making em look dull. Then can just see clouds reflected in everything else lol

sorry mate it looks pretty shiny from what i can see though i have a new secret weapon when it comes to making a car shiny http://www.theultima...ular-paint.aspx

Could have done with this yesterday mate :(

Not much of a mod but swapped the 5smd's for 28smd's

621781_477656625586229_870104999_o.jpg

191848_477656445586247_460083648_o.jpg

Although to be honest I really can't see a difference in brightness so I dunno what all the extra led's are doing <_<

Anybody know what this could be? Rust? :unsure:

201779_476646529020572_2124766831_o.jpg

Noticed it on the bonnet and think there's a patch or two on the roof too

Not much of a mod but swapped the 5smd's for 28smd's

Although to be honest I really can't see a difference in brightness so I dunno what all the extra led's are doing <_<

Anybody know what this could be? Rust? :unsure:

201779_476646529020572_2124766831_o.jpg

Noticed it on the bonnet and think there's a patch or two on the roof too

Hi mate,

sorry to say it looks like the paint blistering, or some rust creep going on under neath the paint,

mainly caused firstly by a simple and common stone chip from the road,

then the rain gets in to the chip in the paint, followed by freezing conditions which causes water to expand,

thus lifting the paint from the body, which causes blistering and flaking.

a body shop would sand it down and respray it for you and apply some hammerite Krust which is proven to prevent the rust from spreading.

Thoughtso. &#33;Removed&#33; previous owners :(

given youre issues with the paint under the badge im inclined to say its been a poor touch up job by the dealers when they prepped the car it looks as if the top coat was applied too early or that the primer was put on with wax etc a contaminant under neath and they have just kept painting

given youre issues with the paint under the badge im inclined to say its been a poor touch up job by the dealers when they prepped the car it looks as if the top coat was applied too early or that the primer was put on with wax etc a contaminant under neath and they have just kept painting

To be honest there's no signs of a touch up job and I dunno why they'd of had to remove the badges to touch up underneath then stuck em back on. Plus the amount of scratches etc on the rest of the car why would the of touched up the boot and nothing else?

ive worked at garages mate they use the chips away guys who frankly i wouldnt let near my car but ive seen them paint whole panels to hide rust dent repairs etc and put new badges back on to a dealer its 70quids worth of work. it looks like a reaction in the paint it could be from chips as said.

garages will do things you wont believe tricks of the trade and big dealers are the worst most common is respraying alloysd using spray paint on carpets cheap dent and scratch repairs even using nail varnish to hide deep scratches anything to increase profit. kurust wont help im afraid the paint needs removed and redone as its only going to get worse

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club