Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Minor Mods To Date

Brigante

If the fog surrounds came off a facelift I don't think they'll fit your motor mate.

Sorry mate, I mustn't have been clear there...the plastic surrounds and fog light units I have are from a pre-facelift ST, so no worries there.

The actual foglight units themselves are different between the pre-facelift ST and all other pre-facelift models (apart from CC maybe). So the standard fog lights in your front bumper now won't fit the fog surrounds/holders on the ST bumper properly. I think they can be made fit if you turn them upside down, but they're def different units.

However, I think the units that were used on the pre-face ST were used across the board then on the facelift models.

So,

these ones http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-Front-Fog-Light-Lamp-2008-onwards-/330788668831?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d048a859f for an 08 onwards facelift model I think are the same as

these ones http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ST-2006-FRONT-FOG-LIGHT-LAMPS-PAIR-/300749103456?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item46060b2160 from an 06 pre-facelift ST, but different from

these ones http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-round-fog-lamp-2005-on-NEW-Boxed-FG19-/280967862252?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item416afd57ec which are for a pre-facelift non-ST model.

Just a heads up really that standard facelift fogs are the same thing as pre-face ST ones in case if/when looking for them. Sometimes the two letters ST can add a few quid onto the price just! Hopefully I haven't further complicated things there!

As for my bargaining, I've just got lucky really and been really patient. Had plenty of non-replies too to be honest! I was offered a front bumper bare earlier this year in red for £80 but didnt take it as I'd have needed to gather up all the other little bits and pieces. Regret it now though. There was a guy on ffoc selling a full kit in orange for a decent price. Makes sense for you though to just get black parts and fit directly if in good nick.

That's alright then thought you meant the fog covers were facelift too.

I already know about the actual light units being different. Read up on it too about people getting round it by turning the existing ones upside down.

Got the random sudden urge to start carbon wrapping under the bonnet. Started with the fuse board cover as I don't have a battery cover at the moment due to the dodgy trader nicking it..

2012-10-02223346.jpg

Not the best job as it's a funny shape but it'll do for now.

The top looks good mate but if you look at the edges its a bit messy cause of the funny shape. Gonna do the filter cover too, n the battery cover.. when I get one..

Decided to start doing a few visual mods under the bonnet thanks to our mutual dangerous friend known as Leonard ;) gonna get some samco blue piping at some point n go from there.

Oh and I meant to do the wrap with the lines going the other way like how my interior wrapping is so I'm annoyed with only just noticing what I'd done after I put it back in the car..

It all adds a bit of personality to the car though.

indeed it does. Will look good when finished. Can you think of any other relatively cheap mods I can do? Not necessarily under the bonnet, just anything I may wanna do

Not yet mate not that fussed about that one to be fair

It's quite trick tbh.

I like putting the brakes on in front of Audi's and really rubbing their noses in it.

Shame that there isn't one one that reads F.U.

Hmmm may have to get one then simply for the audi annoyance factor.

You could always get a custom 3rd brake light sticker to read FU

Got the random sudden urge to start carbon wrapping under the bonnet. Started with the fuse board cover as I don't have a battery cover at the moment due to the dodgy trader nicking it..

2012-10-02223346.jpg

Not the best job as it's a funny shape but it'll do for now.

Looks excellent mate,

Great idea and maybe pick up a battery lid on eBay,

I think the diesel batterys are bigger than the petrol one's though so the battery box would be different size too.

Maybe confirm measurments prior to purchase, and it would also look good carbon wrapped.

Already knew about the deisels having a bigger battery mate so I do believe they have a bigger box. GSM who has the same car as me has kindly showed me what his looks like n I've sourced a place on eBay that'll do me it for 14quid posted so I just gotta confirm that it is actually the right one n pay for it. Soon as I get it I'll be wrapping it also.

the wrap in the bay will quickly lift with the heat mate removed mine from the battery cover etc as it was constantly bubbling and lifting the temps are to much for the wrap get that bay cleaned what a disgrace lol

Hahaha good 1

Lmao yes,

Those were suggestions for Stoney regarding his daily commute to work with his dog,

While his focus was in the body shp getting repaired after some handy cap dropped a motorcycle on the front wing.

GSM who has the same car as me has kindly showed me what his looks like n I've sourced a place on ebay that'll do me it for 14quid posted so I just gotta confirm that it is actually the right one n pay for it. Soon as I get it I'll be wrapping it also.

Sounds Good mate, and a quality price I look forward to the results.

the wrap in the bay will quickly lift with the heat mate removed mine from the battery cover etc as it was constantly bubbling and lifting the temps are to much for the wrap get that bay cleaned what a disgrace lol

Lol I know mate but it'll do for now. May get the pieces hydro dipped at some point. Lol I not longed cleaned everything I could get to with wd40 n had it gleaming.

I'm always slightly suspicious of someone with an over clean engine.

Bit too OCD for me. ;)

Lmao don't look at me, my engine bays a disgrace ;)

Go look under Arthur's bonnet :P

You can run just as fast in dirty boots as you can in clean ones :P

• 2 weeks later...

Not that I can put up any photos of this mod but I've now got ELM config working and have so far activated auto locking at around 7mph, activated double locking on one press, activated auto heated windscreen and disabled the seat belt bonger (not that I'd actually drive without my belt on but still lol)

Overall I'm really pleased with these minor little changes to the settings. Gonna activate instant fuel readout too.

Big thanks to Preee on his great guide as well as obvious big thanks to our Russian friend for the software. And obvious thanks to my Irish mate Lenny for very kindly loaning me his ELM327.

i just prefer a clean engine mate easier to spot leaks and faults you wouldnt get under a dirty womans bonnet

Not that I can put up any photos of this mod but I've now got ELM config working and have so far activated auto locking at around 7mph, activated double locking on one press, activated auto heated windscreen and disabled the seat belt bonger (not that I'd actually drive without my belt on but still lol)

Overall I'm really pleased with these minor little changes to the settings. Gonna activate instant fuel readout too.

Big thanks to Preee on his great guide as well as obvious big thanks to our Russian friend for the software. And obvious thanks to my Irish mate Lenny for very kindly loaning me his ELM327.

No problem mate,

I wouldn't have been able to present it to you had Preee and CivilZ not put in the hard work before to supply the modified elm327 and the user friendly software

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club