Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Minor Mods To Date

Brigante

The stereo face plate looks excellent mate,

In regards to softening the rear you could purchase a microfibre cloth in your local poundworld store and trim to size then glue to the inside of the face plate.

The reverse camera system will be fantastic too.

I'm looking forward to you getting it fitted too mate.

Cheers mate. I'm still thinking about taking it back apart n re-gluing it with some better glue cause I'm not entirely happy with it.

But then it'll only be seen from a distance from outside the car so it should be alright n do the job nicely.

As for the microfibre cloth, I thought about it but would rather use summin a bit more sturdy n thicker. A mouse mat might actually be ideal so I'll have a mooch in Wilkinson or summin to see what I can get.

Lol tell me about it mate, it's horrible now knowing that she's ordered it n it'll be here soon but I'll have to wait till the 25th before I can fit it :unsure:

Right ladies it's been delivered today :D

2012-10-30174932.jpg

2012-10-30175702.jpg

2012-10-30175726.jpg

2012-10-30175143.jpg

2012-10-30211806.jpg

2012-10-30211818.jpg

2012-10-30212519.jpg

But this is as close as I'm gonna get to it for now and I have to wait till the 25th of next month before I'm allowed it :unsure:

How does the gearstick surround come off mate?

Being the 2.5, your gear surround is a bit more involved mate.

But if you have a quick through this page of Oxides thread:

He has a 2.5 same as yours and not long done this himself. So if you have a read it'll help you.

But quoting Clive:

The ashtray just clips into place under the demister panel and the gear surround on a 2.5 is glued to the upper console piece.

To remove the ashtray unit you'll need to remove the whole upper console piece.

On a mk2 you'd only need to unclip both parts of the gear surround.

I think for your model it's 4 screws at the rear and 2 bolts at the front and the footwell side panels need to come off too but they are one screw each under pop off covers.

Sorry it's more involved than on a mk2.

You can get the gear stick suuround off without removing anything. Just got to know what to do. If you push the black leather bit down ( not very hard ) then there are two clips at the edge furthest from the stereo side which you have to hook with your finger to 'pop' out and it should come off then. If you mean the whole console, remove the handbrake gaiter ( good tug ) then there are two torx screws under the armrest and one under the cup holder mats. Then the console comes out with a tug. No need to remove anything else

That stereo looks nice mate, bet you can't wait to get it fitted in :)

A stereo upgrade is what I would like to do but for an oval fitted one for the facelift you either got to have a Zenec and get ripped off or a cheap jap one and have it break on you. No in the middle unless the facia is changed to suit. Ah well

Gona be spending Xmas day with the family or fitting the stereo??:P

'Ho Ho Ho my !Removed!, where's my torx screwdriver?' :P

A stereo upgrade is what I would like to do but for an oval fitted one for the facelift you either got to have a Zenec and get ripped off or a cheap jap one and have it break on you. No in the middle unless the facia is changed to suit. Ah well

Gona be spending Xmas day with the family or fitting the stereo??:P

Lol you know it mate. At the moment it's just sitting at the end of the bed looking all pretty teasing me :(

Only thing stopping me going mad is knowing I couldn't fit it if I was even allowed to cause the Missus needs to get the fitting kit first so I can actually get it to work in me car.

Mate you could get a stereo the same size as mine and the fitting kit would come with a fascia adapator that builds up it up from a square stereo to an oval shaped fascia. I'll link you to what I mean when I'm on the laptop

Lmao luckily mate I'm not waiting till xmas for it, its a bday present n me bday is exactly a month before xmas on the 25th november. But it's still pretty much a month away.

'Ho Ho Ho my !Removed!, where's my torx screwdriver?' :P

Lmao that would be about right mate especially if I'm having xmas with the Missus family.

Gona be spending Xmas day with the family or fitting the stereo?? :P

Right mate for example, this is the fitting kit you would need:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-Double-Din-Facia-Adaptor-Pioneer-Steering-Wheel-Interface-Stereo-kit-/400326351105?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item5d354f5901&clk_rvr_id=405537469255&afsrc=1

You can see it has a fascia adapter to build the square head unit up to your oval fascia

Right ladies it's been delivered today :D

2012-10-30174932.jpg

But this is as close as I'm gonna get to it for now and I have to wait till the 25th of next month before I'm allowed it :unsure:

24 days and 23 sleeps to go mate.

24 days and 23 sleeps to go mate.

Lool I'm counting em down mate. And my sleeps don't last long as it is.

Think the Missus is ordering the fitting kit end of next week.

Started doing the fly eyes, but there was limited day light to take any decent photos <_<

Heres a few for now:

2012-11-07195110-1.jpg

2012-11-07194847-1.jpg

(some how me number plate reflected on me bonnet :wacko:)

And to show the light still shines through:

2012-11-07195332-1.jpg

Looks it close up mate. Few creases about. Was a git of a job to do.

Not shabby at all ;)

+1 mate

Looks good on the black body.

Some day pictures please Brigante,

As requested, here's some better photos. (excuse how depressingly dirty she is, it's down to adverse weather conditions and the Missus's drive way)

2012-11-08141436-1.jpg

2012-11-08141432-1.jpg

2012-11-08141447-1.jpg

2012-11-08141457-1.jpg

2012-11-08141521-1.jpg

2012-11-08141534-1.jpg

2012-11-08141528-1.jpg

Feel really ashamed now looking at it :( :unsure: :o

Really need to give her a valet before winters here.

As requested, here's some better photos. (excuse how depressingly dirty she is, it's down to adverse weather conditions and the Missus's drive way)

2012-11-08141528-1.jpg

Feel really ashamed now looking at it :( :unsure: :o

Really need to give her a valet before winters here.

Looks excellent mate,

Maybe yellow flyeye on the fogs to give some contrast,

But looks fantastic front and back, not too dark and not too light, just spot on perfect

Your focus is coming togeathdr nicely, rear looks very sporty, some flaps like the custom sets for the zetecs would fit a treat, protect body from dirt and also help finish the rear to look low and wide.

Agreed that it's lookin great! I know you're not 100% happy with the finish, but I'm sure any blemishes are only noticeable close up and will only annoy you as you'll know they are there. Those pics are pretty much the way people are gonna see it, at that distance if ya get me, so it looks spot on. You haven't done the rear fogs and upper brake light have you? Would finish the rear off a treat...along with two big pipes to fill those bumper cut-outs! Any plans for that?

Wouldn't be keen on going with yellow for the front fogs though. I know what Lenny's saying about adding a bit of contrast, but the yellow fogs aren't for me at all...just personal opinion obviously! Might have asked before but what are your ultimate plans for the front end? Think with the fly eye and your car in black that maybe that chrome grille isn't working, what you think? I'd be tempted to try pick up a black grille surround on the cheap (preferably colour coded but maybe standard black plastic) even just as a trial. Just a suggestion.

Cheers lads

Mud flaps are definitely high up on the list, I'm already noticing the effects of not having them. Just gotta get funds together.

I need to get round to fly eyeing the rest of the lights. May have a go tonight but It's just getting the time. I'm already trying to get 2 more mods fitted but it's proving tricky lol.

Concerning the front, I've been wanting to colour code the grill n fog surrounds for a while now. I've already got all the paint ready, again its just a case of getting the time to do it. And I'm thinking whether theres much point as ultimately I'll be fitting an ST front bumper when funds allow.

Concerning the exhaust, I've been looking into fitting an RS exhaust cause I think I could make it work. Think I've sourced one and would just need the brackets. Again it just comes down to aquiring the funds to purchase everything which is hard when your applying for every job going and not getting nothing back.

Tough market at the minute alright mate, hopefully somethin comes up for you soon.

Think the rest of the lights will look well done, should be easy enough to do as well compared to the headlights and tail lights.

I was thinking the ST front was your aim. I had started gathering up grilles and that for mine but have sourced a complete bumper now at a good price so selling on my spare bits to get the cash for it! Think the colour coding would make a cracking difference, but would agree that there might not be much point if changing them anyway. Only thing is I suppose, they might fetch a few quid when you go to sell them as they'll be a nice mod for someone else but with the work already done.

Time and money mate, tell me about it! And weather/daylight aint helping these day either! Still haven't got round to the rear 12V supply in the boot :o

Have you looked into much about the exhausts then? I always thought the standard ST/RS ones wouldn't suit as that middle back box in them sits where we have the spare wheel well, no? I'm gonna wait til my bumper's on then take it to the exhaust centre and see what they can do to fill the holes. Would be happy with standard ST pipes if I thought the box fitted as they can be picked up pretty cheap.

Yup it is tough mate.

I've just fly eyed the rest of the rear lights apart from the 3rd brake light for now so I'll up a few photos shortly. Just need to do the fogs n 3rd brake light soon n It'll be done.

How much did you get the complete ST front bumper for then? I may be interested in purchasing some part from you if the price is right.

Yup your right about the ST exhaust not fitting cause of the standard focus having a spare wheel well so the big back box would sit too low so thats a no go. But my thinking behind an RS exhaust, is that the RS back box is a fair bit shallower than the ST back box. So it wouldn't sit as low under the wheel well. And then the RS exhaust tips are a fair bit bigger than the ST tips, so these should make up for the back box sitting a bit low and fill the cut outs in the bumper.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club