Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Minor Mods To Date

Brigante

Looks good mate.

Power feed could splice in to your reverse light cables

So its only active when reverse is.

Then reg plate illumination in another positive feed, for this id purchase on of those led pads and use the T10 plug to splice to the new reg light unit instead of cutting your loom.

Then finally the yellow plug to the rear of the stereo.

I know what most of the wires are for mate. Like you said, this one goes to the old number plate wire to get the power to the built in number plate light:

2012-11-13174605.jpg

Then this long wire comes off it which must splice into the reverse light wire so it comes on when in reverse:

2012-11-13174700.jpg

But then you can see there's another little red wire that comes off the yellow plug. Reading the sellers vague instructions, it's supposed to splice into the brake light to get power from it.

Then the long video wire routes right through the car and plugs into the back of the head unit:

2012-11-13174759.jpg

But then that's also got a little red wire, which going by the sellers instructions needs to slice into the 12v socket to get power from it.

J.C Superstar!!

Thats alot of power cables.

Is it necessary to splice it into power in the tail gate and into power in the dash?

Actually, on further reading I don't think the 2 little red wires are necessary at all. I splice the number plate light, splice the reverse light and that should be it.

Theres these instructions which don't mention the extra 2 red wires at all:

a. Take out your stock license plate light at the back of your car.

b. Fix the camera to where the stock license plate light was.

c. Connect the built-in license plate light of the camera to where the stock license plate light was connected to get the power

d. Connect the power of the camera to your reverse lights - red wire to positive and black wire to negative.

e. Connect the video cable of the camera to the extension cord.

f. Connect the extension cord to your car monitor.

g. You will see the images when your car is in reverse shift.

Then these which are the same but confuse the reverse light with the brake light <_< which is obviously wrong cause you won't see images when in reverse if you've connected the camera to the brake lights n not the reverse light..

• Take out your stock license plate light at the back of your car.
  • Fix the camera to where the stock license plate light was.
  • Connect the built-in license plate light of the camera to where the stock license plate light was connected to get the power
  • Connect the power of the camera to your brake lights - red wire to positive and black wire to negative.
  • Connect the video cable of the camera to the extension cord.
  • Connect the extension cord to your car monitor.
  • You will see the images when your car is in reverse shift.

Found this image that shows the 2 little red wires:

camera.jpg

Labeled 1 and 2.

Personally I would like to be able to activate the camera when in reverse, and also anytime I want through the headunit. Is there an option on the headunit to view the camera seperately? If so I would imagine there is also a wire that activates the camera similar to a sub activation wire? Then it would need power while the reverse light is off so that solves your two extra wires I think :S

Sellers should really give a decent manual on what the product does but it's never that simple

Doesn't appear to be mate.

No manual or instructions came with the camera, and the seller I bought it off doesn't even give any instructions in the listing. Had to find them from a different sellers listing.

I've edited my last post with an image that shows what the 2 little red wires are for.

Ah yeah that's what I thought. Seems like you can either wire it up to the reverse light for reversing function only or have a constant pos and neg ( the 12v socket in the boot maybe?? ) which will then be activated when the car detects reverse gear or headunit camera option through the can bus system

Yup that's what I was thinking mate. Cause I think using this option:

avh-1400dvd-white_left_large__73823.jpg

You must be able to turn it on whenever you want maybe.

Really silly question lol but I'm tired n feel bit out of it. But what exactly is the can bus system?

It's basically the cars computer system. Sends and recieves data from the different modules and parts of the car to the GEM (general electronic module) and HEC (dash screen) so if you went into reverse it would sense the movement and alert the gem which would tell the headunit to display the camera on screen or turn on the parking sensors.

Basically like a giant activating cable for the different features

Yup that's what I thought.

So if I was to splice the little red wire in the boot somewhere so it constantly has power, where would I splice the other little red wire in the dash area?

The only thing is I don't know if the focus Can Bus system has the right wiring for the camera. I know the cars with a oem camera have a seperate module that plugs in to the Can Bus

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=300768859947&index=18&nav=SEARCH&nid=16804440134

Which you might need if you wanted that feature. Not sure though so might need some reading in to

The radio has a dedicated camera input so it will handle the camera itself

Thoughtso, so what you reckon the 2 little red wires are for Clive? Cause they ain't needed

Fitting kit for the pioneer came today so using the patch lead I plugged it in n made sure it works:

2012-11-15135715.jpg

This is as close as I getting for now as it's now been wrapped up ready for me birthday.

The patch lead plugs into the wiring loom provided with the stereo so you end up with this beast:

2012-11-15141348.jpg

And then that plugs into the existing ford loom so that's a hell of a lot of wiring behind the stereo.

Brigante, this looks exciting. Show the end result.

Brigante, this looks exciting. Show the end result.

I will do mate but gotta wait another 10 days first. Not allowed it till then :unsure:

I'll try n take plenty of photos of the fitting and of wiring in the camera then I'll write up a guide. Really can't wait now knowing I'll soon have a new toy to play with.

I will do mate but gotta wait another 10 days first. Not allowed it till then :unsure:

I'll try n take plenty of photos of the fitting and of wiring in the camera then I'll write up a guide. Really can't wait now knowing I'll soon have a new toy to play with.

Looks cool mate,

Im excited about this one myself,

Lucky the focus has openings inside the dash to allow the bulk of wires rest down behind the climate controls.

While your waiting you could line up the carbon wrap to cover the stereo surround aswell.

Or spray it gloss black to match the stereo.

Also if the reverse camera requires a positive feed to be activated then the inital plan would be to splice in to the reverse light positive.

But on second thoughts a switch and an interior live feed from the heater controls would allow you to activate rear view even when not in reverse.

Started doing the next big ish mod, hydro dipping :P

Few shots of em fitted

DSCN0948.jpg

DSCN0949.jpg

Shortly I'll be finishing off the interior pieces being the head unit surround, demister switch surround and the steering wheel inserts. Then I'll start under the bonnet so watch this space :P

Also started little sub thread where I'll just post the dipping photos as it's an art form in itself and deserves it's own thread

Nice bra mate. B-cup?

I don't think the bra is his but the shoes may be :P

Finished hydro dipping the centre of the car. Next will be the steering wheel inserts then I'll start under the bonnet

DSCN0960.jpg

DSCN0954.jpg

Finished hydro dipping the centre of the car. Next will be the steering wheel inserts then I'll start under the bonnet

DSCN0960.jpg

DSCN0954.jpg

Im really lovin that mate,

Bit more clear laquor required to smooth the ripple of light on the surfaces but absolute top quality mate.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club