Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Minor Mods To Date

Brigante

Ah sorry mate, I just took a quick glance at the photos and thought the first ones were black and second set chrome, didn't read that they were smoked. In that case, either would look well, but I still think the darker ones would be nicest. I know what you mean about wanting to see them fitted though, any luck through Google images or anything?

That's a pity about the fly-eye. I had to remove tint-glue from my rear windows and windscreen recently, horrible job.

I should finally be getting my ST kit on in the next fortnight mate, I was gonna try and salvage any of the smaller parts off the old bumpers and let them dispose of the bumpers themselves. Was gonna take off the front and rear bumper valances, rear plastic insert, fog surrounds and grille. Was thinking someone could have them on the cheap to have a stab at colour coding if you're interested.

aint had much luck on looking for photos on google

jammy git on the st kit mate. i'd love to finish mine off but talking over a grand maybe 2 of parts so i dunno if its worth it on a high mileage car. it only cost me 2.7k in the first place

how much would you want for the old grill then mate? maybe the fog surrounds too. theres been plenty of grills going on eBay but i aint paying them prices for em

was looking forward to a productive day today and was planning on getting some carbon dipping done, but i seem to be having problems with the new dipping film i've got and it doesnt wanna float on the water properly

so instead i decided to colour code my grill. for now i just sprayed the chrome but i may end up spraying the inside as well

2013-03-05202520-1.jpg

it's hard to tell from the photo cause the poor lighting makes it look a bit poo

but its actually panther black finished off with a high gloss lacquer. its got a nice smooth covering to it and does look like a professional job. really pleased with it

i was gonna also do the bumper mouldings/fog surrounds but i couldn't get hold of a flexible plastic primer

looking great mate!

I did this to my mk1.5 focus grille. looked completely different!

Nice one mate, does look loads better n the chrome was really annoying me

Also since posting this photo I've been back in the garage and sprayed the rest of it lol so it's currently outside drying

how much would you want for the old grill then mate? maybe the fog surrounds too. theres been plenty of grills going on ebay but i aint paying them prices for em

Sorry mate, didn't see this post at all in my New Content... wouldn't be lookin much at all, just postage covered really if the parts were any good to anyone on here.

Looks like you're sorted now anyway though having gone ahead with the spraying. Looks a good job on the grille, will be good to see pics of the front end with the colour coded bits on and black lights.

how much do you think postage would be for the lot any way mate? may still take em off you

Honestly wouldn't know pal. I posted a Mondeo grille one time, think it was £10.50. I'd say these bits might be a bit heavier, but couldn't be much and would be similar dimensions.

Sure I'll let you know what parts I end up with and take it from there. As said, could be a couple of weeks yet anyway so I'll keep you informed.

Heres the sprayed grill fitted anyway

2013-03-07155404.jpg

Missus don't like it n proffered the chrome

But I think it looks loads better and butches up the front end loads

Now I just need to get round to spraying the fog surrounds n it'll be lookin a lot more stealthy n go nicely with the head lights

Heres the sprayed grill fitted anyway

2013-03-07155404.jpg

Missus don't like it n proffered the chrome

But I think it looks loads better and butches up the front end loads

Now I just need to get round to spraying the fog surrounds n it'll be lookin a lot more stealthy n go nicely with the head lights

Hmm, not sure how I feel about it... I like the chrome. Just looks like a lower trim level now that gets the plastic grill instead of the chrome.

Also, your car's beginning to look like a black and white picture of itself! No blue badge and now no chrome lol. Just smoke your indicators and it'll look like a silent movie Focus!

Hmm, not sure how I feel about it... I like the chrome. Just looks like a lower trim level now that gets the plastic grill instead of the chrome.

Also, your car's beginning to look like a black and white picture of itself! No blue badge and now no chrome lol. Just smoke your indicators and it'll look like a silent movie Focus!

lmao shows how much i know, i didnt even know the chrome was a higher spec related thing, just thought chrome was standard on the grills but i just looked up the lx on autotrader n your right mate

i dunno, ever since i got the black head lights the chrome grill just didn't look right to me. fair enough when i had the stock head light units. i've still got the chrome around me badge though ;)

I like it too. I was aware there's a black plastic grille available on lower spec, think I might have mentioned earlier about trying to pick up one of those to colour code, but sure the chrome ones aren't worth much anyway it seems.

I think in person you can prob see better that it's colour coded, but I agree with you that it suits better with the new headlights. You've dibs on my chrome grille anyway once it's available so you can always revert back if/when you fancied.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a mod but today my genuine ford Wiper Blades turned up and my god what a difference they make

I can actually see where I'm going in the rain now without being blinded by smear marks

Not really a mod but today my genuine ford wiper blades turned up and my god what a difference they make

I can actually see where I'm going in the rain now without being blinded by smear marks

Ford wipers are expensive mate,

I've fittted bosh ones as result,

Top respect for keeping it blue oval

Ford wipers are expensive mate,

I've fittted bosh ones as result,

Top respect for keeping it blue oval

Was gonna get Bosch blades but i liked the idea of the wear indicator on the genuine ford. Was 23quid posted for the front blades. How much would Bosch of been mate?

Was gonna get bosch blades but i liked the idea of the wear indicator on the genuine ford. Was 23quid posted for the front blades. How much would bosch of been mate?

That's cheaper than I thought mate,

I bought front and rear bosh for 38 pounds last year

I bought front and rear bosh for 38 pounds last year

That is expensive mate, it would of only been 30-32quid if i bought front n rear i think.

How much is Bosch front only wipers?

I stuck a £3 16inch aero blade from Asda on the rear, well chuffed with it! Think it looks neater and wipes much better. Grabbed a 26 and 18 for the front at the same time just cos they were 3quid each but haven't fitted these yet, think my own are ok at the min.

Where's the wear indicator you're on about Charlie, just so I can check if my current ones have it? Not sure if they're genuine Ford or not as they've been on it since I got it and I've never looked closely.

I stuck a £3 16inch aero blade from Asda on the rear, well chuffed with it! Think it looks neater and wipes much better. Grabbed a 26 and 18 for the front at the same time just cos they were 3quid each but haven't fitted these yet, think my own are ok at the min.

Where's the wear indicator you're on about Charlie, just so I can check if my current ones have it? Not sure if they're genuine Ford or not as they've been on it since I got it and I've never looked closely.

If they genuine ford they'll have a big ford logo on the ends of em mate. The wear indicator is a small black circle in the middle of the blade on the top side so you'll be able to see it from inside the car. I'd go out n take a photo but its a bit dark lol. Basically it will gradually turn yellow

You've been busy haven't you? :lol:. Looking good though. Just so you're aware, the RS exhaust doesn't fit the cutouts in an ST bumper, the tail pipes are further apart on the RS :)

• 2 months later...

Right..............DAMN YOU ALL!

0 work has been completed today as a result of finding this thread :P

Brigante fantastic work on the car you have got soooo much done looks brill!

I have a few questions however, how do you Hydro dip? It looks nicer than wrap and when you sprayed did you use standered spray paint?

I have a week off soon so im tring to get everything together to blast through it.

Right..............DAMN YOU ALL!

0 work has been completed today as a result of finding this thread :P

Brigante fantastic work on the car you have got soooo much done looks brill!

I have a few questions however, how do you Hydro dip? It looks nicer than wrap and when you sprayed did you use standered spray paint?

I have a week off soon so im tring to get everything together to blast through it.

this threads old now dude lol my new ones in the build diary section

hydro dippings a horrible job to do but theres plenty of videos on youtube about it

basically you have a roll of film that you cut to size and tape the edges

you then float it on water for a minute before spraying it with activator

the activator dissolves the glue and the print liquifies and floats on the water

you then dip your item into the print

you need to use acrylic based spray paints from Halfords etc

its a really hard thing to get right though and theres so many factors that go into it, and if just one goes wrong, the whole thing goes wrong

some things that can go wrong are; water too cold, water too hot, too much tape, not enough tape, too much activator, not enough activator, activator clogs and blurts out, not enough soak time, too much soak time, air bubbles from not floating properly, dipping at the wrong angle. the list goes on theres that much that can go wrong lol and thats just the actual dipping

before you dip you need to sand, prime and base coat the item, then after base coating you need to wait 20min before dipping, wait too long n it'll dry too much

then after dipping you need to wash the goo off, but if you wash too hard or too soon the print will come straight off, then after its dry you need to build up layers of clear coat

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club