Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Minor Mods To Date

Brigante

Im really lovin that mate,

Bit more clear laquor required to smooth the ripple of light on the surfaces but absolute top quality mate.

Nice one mate

In those photos the lacquer was still fresh and only touch dry n the shine is from the camera flash. I may end up re-dipping the whole lot lol cause I fancy a darker base colour so it looks a bit more carbon. Was just experimenting with the paint I had at the time.

Right ladies the day is upon us (and nearly gone already)

And I've fitted it

2012-11-25185737.jpg

2012-11-25194545.jpg

2012-11-25194714.jpg

Photos are a bit crappy cause they on my phones camera

I'm quite impressed with the dvd player

2012-11-25194352.jpg

The picture quality's obviously a lot better than that lol it's just hard to take a photo of

I mean the screens obviously way too small to actually want to sit n watch a dvd on, but I was really impressed with the sound quality, it's literally like sitting in the cinema, as the Speakers are all around the car so you really get great surround sound.

It's like being in the cinema watching a very tiny screen lol

Have a mooch at my now finished guide for a dummy face plate

I've still got a few things to sort out on the stereo, one being I ain't had time to fit the reverse parking camera n dunno when I will.

And 2, even though my Missus shelled out on aerial and stalk control adaptors, neither appear to work as the radio still doesn't get a signal so theres just static, and the stalk controls don't work but also make the stereo have a weird fit so they've had to be unplugged.

Right ladies the day is upon us (and nearly gone already)

And I've fitted it

2012-11-25194714.jpg

Photos are a bit crappy cause they on my phones camera

I'm quite impressed with the dvd player

The picture quality's obviously a lot better than that lol it's just hard to take a photo of

I mean the screens obviously way too small to actually want to sit n watch a dvd on, but I was really impressed with the sound quality, it's literally like sitting in the cinema, as the speakers are all around the car so you really get great surround sound.

It's like being in the cinema watching a very tiny screen lol

Have a mooch at my now finished guide for a dummy face plate

I've still got a few things to sort out on the stereo, one being I ain't had time to fit the reverse parking camera n dunno when I will.

And 2, even though my Missus shelled out on aerial and stalk control adaptors, neither appear to work as the radio still doesn't get a signal so theres just static, and the stalk controls don't work but also make the stereo have a weird fit so they've had to be unplugged.

Looks fantastic mate,

The blue illumination matches in with the interior nicely,

Maybe remove the face of the 6000cd and hydro dip it then put back togeather and list on eBay auction.

Where did you get heater controls from ? Are they easy to change?

Heating controls are pee easy to change, just pull your existing ones out with pliers

Guide to them can be found here:

Theres a link to purchase them in the guide

Plenty of colours to choose from too

• 2 weeks later...

Next big ish mod out the way

Finally wired in the reverse parking camera

DSCN0972.jpg

Looks quite neat I think

Here's what the picture is like

2012-12-09164935.jpg

looks good mate,

A night shot would look sweet with the cree Q5 illuminating the area.

looks good mate,

A night shot would look sweet with the cree Q5 illuminating the area.

Night shots aren't very good mate cause it's night vision, so it just looks black and white so it's hard to actually see the cree illumination

This is the best I could manage

2012-12-10005909.jpg

You can just about see the beams of light from the twin cree's

It looks crap on my camera, can't really tell what any of it is. But actually sitting in the seat looking at the screen I can clearly see what it is. It's just a gravel driveway and hedges anyway lol.

Here's a little video of it in action

Next little mod turned up today..

Gel overlays

2012-12-11134115.jpg

Was dark by the time I fitted em so the photos are crap from having to have the flash on, which made the colour look crap

2012-12-11172405.jpg

2012-12-11172004.jpg

2012-12-11172040.jpg

You get the idea though

Better day shots to follow

I've also got a set of mud flaps sitting waiting to fit, really need to try and get time to doing em.

Some kind of better overlay shots

2012-12-12152419.jpg

2012-12-12151736-1.jpg

2012-12-12151749-1.jpg

2012-12-12151815-1.jpg

2012-12-12151808.jpg

Bit of an update on the camera.

I have added a bit more wiring, so it's now also wired to a switched live on ignition feed.

So now the camera doesn't only have power when reverse gear is selected, but has a permanant live feed when the car is turned on.

So that the camera isn't permanently on though I have also wired it to switch which I have conveniently installed in the obd pocket for easy reach while driving.

This means not only does the camera automatically turn itself on when in reverse gear, but at the flick of a switch it can also be turned on while driving forward.

For use when visibility out the rear window is reduced like when it's taking its time defrosting in this weather for example.

Or keeping an eye on a trailer if I was towing one. Or if i was to get the back window tinted.

Or even just to see how close some speed demon in an audi is tailgating me.

Overall I must say I am very pleased with this new bit of wiring and it really makes the most of having the camera.

You smarty pants, you!

looks gooood!

Lol nice one mate. I've actually impressed myself on this one.

Here's a better day time video of the camera in action using my newly wired in switch

(the glare on the screen is the flash from my phones camera)

Nice one lads ;)

And now after Preee suggested it, I'm gonna order n install a relay, so that if I've already got the camera turned on with the switch when it comes to reversing, the relay will cut the power from the switch so that only reverse gears live feed will be going to the camera so that I don't end up having two live feeds going into it at the same time.

Will come in handy for say reversing into a tight garage when I'll be reversing and edging forwards before reversing again for example. Be useful to have the camera on the whole time and not risk 2 lives going into it at once.

• 1 month later...

+1 for the first ones mate

am i right thinking you currently have standard lights with the osram cool blues? :)

+1 for the first ones mate

am i right thinking you currently have standard lights with the osram cool blues? :)

yes mate that's right

to make it a bit fairer, here's some photos (borrowed from ash) of the second set in action

DSCF3854_zps484b9a29.jpg

DSCF3855_zps15d398a4.jpg

DSCF3867_zps66c71e5e.jpg

so both sets of headlights have built in drl's

except the first set have them in the form of a strip (audi)

and the second set have them in the form of a halo (bmw)

so it's a choice between bmw and audi really

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club