Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,379 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

These come today, got one on each tear window :)
Posted Image

Oh and check my tax disk holder lol
Posted Image

Mist washer jets also came today but it's hard to get a photo of them in action lol great little mod though
Posted Image

My halfords ultra brilliance H7 bulbs came today too
Posted Image
Posted Image

My Osram H1's will be delivered tomorrow and my cree reverse lights should hopefully be here soon.

Mods to do hopefully in the near future are the second reverse light and the rear LED foot-wells

But if any of you have read my recent topic, you will know I had yet another run in with a lorry today :( result: rear bumper now needs replacing. Contemplating an ST rear bumper.

#18 Rh1no

Rh1no

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Name: Rhino
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

Looking good mate.

#19 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,379 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:06 AM

Looking good mate.

Not looking good if you see my rear bumper :(

Do you reckon I could fit a mk3 bumper to my mk2? Obviously I'd need the new reverse lights but is the fitting different or would it bolt straight on?

#20 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,429 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS & Toyota Levin BZR
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

Not looking good if you see my rear bumper :(

Do you reckon I could fit a mk3 bumper to my mk2? Obviously I'd need the new reverse lights but is the fitting different or would it bolt straight on?

yes the mk2.5 facelift focus rear bumper will fit your mk2 direct replacment part, providing their is no structural dammage preventing the fitment of the bumper. in the event that you need to drive around without the bimper for a while see my thread here http://www.fordowner...+reuse +recycle

also as said you will need the reverse and fog light unit, but if you are buying them then purchase two clear units one for each side then use your existing fog or reverse unit to create the additional port for the fog light on the side of the RH clear unit.

you will also require two loom plugs
they plug in to the rear of the bulb sockets and are different on the mk2 compared to the mk2.5
so if creating the dual reverse then you can use the original plug for the fog light unit and bond your existing fog liht to the side of the new clear mk2.5 unit,

then purcase two mk2.5 loom plugs for both reverse unit bulb sockets.
i can guide you through the removal and fitment of the bumper if required start a new thread or PM me, so as we dont clog your thread.

i havent got a clear picture of the plug itself but it looks like this for the mk2.5

Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,379 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

yes the mk2.5 facelift focus rear bumper will fit your mk2 direct replacment part, providing their is no structural dammage preventing the fitment of the bumper. in the event that you need to drive around without the bimper for a while see my thread here http://www.fordowner...+reuse +recycle

also as said you will need the reverse and fog light unit, but if you are buying them then purchase two clear units one for each side then use your existing fog or reverse unit to create the additional port for the fog light on the side of the RH clear unit.

you will also require two loom plugs
they plug in to the rear of the bulb sockets and are different on the mk2 compared to the mk2.5
so if creating the dual reverse then you can use the original plug for the fog light unit and bond your existing fog liht to the side of the new clear mk2.5 unit,

then purcase two mk2.5 loom plugs for both reverse unit bulb sockets.
i can guide you through the removal and fitment of the bumper if required start a new thread or PM me, so as we dont clog your thread.

i havent got a clear picture of the plug itself but it looks like this for the mk2.5

Posted Image
Posted Image

Nice one Lenny, waiting for a bloke to get back to me then hopefully I'll be able to buy a mk2.5 bumper. It will be a complete one though so it'll have the normal lights, so I'll still have to buy a clear driver-side light for the second reverse light.

#22 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,379 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

Osram H1's came today so just been outside to get some quick night shots

Parking lights
Posted Image

Dipped beam
Posted Image

High beam
Posted Image

View from inside
Posted Image

Random other shots lol
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Whats everyone reckon? bright enough? I still maintain though, even though they look nice and white in photo's, I still think they still look yellow when actually standing in front of them :wacko: are they supposed to?

Oh and went to de-badge the rear today, but the previous lady owners obviously haven't looked after the paintwork :mellow:

Posted Image

Can anyone advice on the best way of touching this up so there won't be random white patches when I de-badge? I have a colour matched spray can from halfords with a can of primer and lacquer as well, I also have a halfords scratch repair kit which I haven't got round to using properly yet.

#23 jg321

jg321

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Name: Jon
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk 2.5 1.6 TDCi Zetec
  • Year: 2008

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

You sure the stuff around the ghia badge isn't polish?

#24 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,379 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

You sure the stuff around the ghia badge isn't polish?

Haven't looked properly I'll have a better look tomorrow but it looked more like the paints come off, not sure how it would have happened though. But the car don't look like its been polished in a long time so if it is polish god knows how long its been on there.

#25 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,730 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

if you want white lights then i use these and believe me theres no yellow to them at all Philips Diamond Vision 5000K and headlights and fogs on the front http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4d01dfb005
parking lights not a great pic as the streetlamp is right next to the car IMAG0107.jpg

as you seee from the pics they work well IMAG0121.jpg

you are aware that halfords bulbs are in fact very cheap bulbs at a massive mark up.

#26 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,379 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

if you want white lights then i use these and believe me theres no yellow to them at all Philips Diamond Vision 5000K and headlights and fogs on the front http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4d01dfb005
parking lights not a great pic as the streetlamp is right next to the car IMAG0107.jpg

as you seee from the pics they work well IMAG0121.jpg

you are aware that halfords bulbs are in fact very cheap bulbs at a massive mark up.

Might have to try some of these. I bought the halfords bulbs on the recommendation of Clive for 20quid the pair.

Are these philips ones better than osram nightbreakers?

#27 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,429 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS & Toyota Levin BZR
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

Are these philips ones better than osram nightbreakers?

that question alone will have this thread going up to 20 pages mate lol

i also have the full osram nightbreaker conversion both H1 and H7
they are yellow in places due to the manufacture of the bulb having rings of tint on them for better light distribution resulting in white light and yellow sections too.
you got some great pictures of them though.

#28 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,379 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

Grrr it's a hard choice lol

Arthur, why are the philips so cheap mate? Getting a full set of bulbs for less than the cost of a pair of osram's

#29 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,730 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

simple really competition lets be honest these bulbs cost pennies to make osrams when they werent popular were a lot cheaper than they are now.all i can say is they last and have as good a light as l.e.d sidelights no yellow to them at all.

look at pia lights extortionately priced yet when tested cheap chinese bulbs were better that says it all

#30 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,379 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

Haven't looked properly I'll have a better look tomorrow but it looked more like the paints come off, not sure how it would have happened though. But the car don't look like its been polished in a long time so if it is polish god knows how long its been on there.

Had a better look at this, and the white stuff just flaked off, phew ;) looked like some sort of powder. So I'll be debadgeing next week hopefully when I get round to it, when I fit my new ST bumper when it's delivered

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users