Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Hmm, not sure how I feel about it... I like the chrome. Just looks like a lower trim level now that gets the plastic grill instead of the chrome.

Also, your car's beginning to look like a black and white picture of itself! No blue badge and now no chrome lol. Just smoke your indicators and it'll look like a silent movie Focus!

lmao shows how much i know, i didnt even know the chrome was a higher spec related thing, just thought chrome was standard on the grills but i just looked up the lx on autotrader n your right mate

i dunno, ever since i got the black head lights the chrome grill just didn't look right to me. fair enough when i had the stock head light units. i've still got the chrome around me badge though  ;)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#437 Gavc

Gavc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Name: Gavin
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S
  • Year: 2010

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

Looking good mate! :)

#438 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,202 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Looks good,
I think these browes would go nicely on the headlights make a subtle difference,
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3ccd0d2fe1

#439 Gavc

Gavc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Name: Gavin
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

+1 Lenny

#440 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

I like it too. I was aware there's a black plastic grille available on lower spec, think I might have mentioned earlier about trying to pick up one of those to colour code, but sure the chrome ones aren't worth much anyway it seems.

I think in person you can prob see better that it's colour coded, but I agree with you that it suits better with the new headlights. You've dibs on my chrome grille anyway once it's available so you can always revert back if/when you fancied.

#441 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
Contributor

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

Not really a mod but today my genuine ford wiper blades turned up and my god what a difference they make

I can actually see where I'm going in the rain now without being blinded by smear marks

#442 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,202 posts
Contributor

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

Not really a mod but today my genuine ford wiper blades turned up and my god what a difference they make

I can actually see where I'm going in the rain now without being blinded by smear marks

Ford wipers are expensive mate,
I've fittted bosh ones as result,
Top respect for keeping it blue oval

#443 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
Contributor

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Ford wipers are expensive mate,
I've fittted bosh ones as result,
Top respect for keeping it blue oval

Was gonna get bosch blades but i liked the idea of the wear indicator on the genuine ford. Was 23quid posted for the front blades. How much would bosch of been mate?

#444 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,202 posts
Contributor

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Was gonna get bosch blades but i liked the idea of the wear indicator on the genuine ford. Was 23quid posted for the front blades. How much would bosch of been mate?

That's cheaper than I thought mate,
I bought front and rear bosh for 38 pounds last year

#445 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
Contributor

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

I bought front and rear bosh for 38 pounds last year

That is expensive mate, it would of only been 30-32quid if i bought front n rear i think.

How much is bosch front only wipers?

#446 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

I stuck a £3 16inch aero blade from Asda on the rear, well chuffed with it! Think it looks neater and wipes much better. Grabbed a 26 and 18 for the front at the same time just cos they were 3quid each but haven't fitted these yet, think my own are ok at the min.

Where's the wear indicator you're on about Charlie, just so I can check if my current ones have it? Not sure if they're genuine Ford or not as they've been on it since I got it and I've never looked closely.

#447 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
Contributor

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

I stuck a £3 16inch aero blade from Asda on the rear, well chuffed with it! Think it looks neater and wipes much better. Grabbed a 26 and 18 for the front at the same time just cos they were 3quid each but haven't fitted these yet, think my own are ok at the min.

Where's the wear indicator you're on about Charlie, just so I can check if my current ones have it? Not sure if they're genuine Ford or not as they've been on it since I got it and I've never looked closely.

If they genuine ford they'll have a big ford logo on the ends of em mate. The wear indicator is a small black circle in the middle of the blade on the top side so you'll be able to see it from inside the car. I'd go out n take a photo but its a bit dark lol. Basically it will gradually turn yellow

#448 bahnstormer

bahnstormer

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: Rob
  • Ford Model: Focus ST
  • Year: 2007

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

You've been busy haven't you? :lol:.  Looking good though.  Just so you're aware, the RS exhaust doesn't fit the cutouts in an ST bumper, the tail pipes are further apart on the RS :)

#449 WAZ91

WAZ91

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 190 posts
  • Name: Warren
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8TDCI Zetec
  • Year: 2008

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

Right..............DAMN YOU ALL!

0 work has been completed today as a result of finding this thread :P

Brigante fantastic work on the car you have got soooo much done looks brill!

I have a few questions however, how do you Hydro dip? It looks nicer than wrap and when you sprayed did you use standered spray paint?

I have a week off soon so im tring to get everything together to blast through it.

#450 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
Contributor

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

Right..............DAMN YOU ALL!

0 work has been completed today as a result of finding this thread :P

Brigante fantastic work on the car you have got soooo much done looks brill!

I have a few questions however, how do you Hydro dip? It looks nicer than wrap and when you sprayed did you use standered spray paint?

I have a week off soon so im tring to get everything together to blast through it.

this threads old now dude lol my new ones in the build diary section

hydro dippings a horrible job to do but theres plenty of videos on youtube about it

basically you have a roll of film that you cut to size and tape the edges

you then float it on water for a minute before spraying it with activator

the activator dissolves the glue and the print liquifies and floats on the water

you then dip your item into the print

you need to use acrylic based spray paints from halfords etc

its a really hard thing to get right though and theres so many factors that go into it, and if just one goes wrong, the whole thing goes wrong

some things that can go wrong are; water too cold, water too hot, too much tape, not enough tape, too much activator, not enough activator, activator clogs and blurts out, not enough soak time, too much soak time, air bubbles from not floating properly, dipping at the wrong angle. the list goes on theres that much that can go wrong lol and thats just the actual dipping

before you dip you need to sand, prime and base coat the item, then after base coating you need to wait 20min before dipping, wait too long n it'll dry too much

then after dipping you need to wash the goo off, but if you wash too hard or too soon the print will come straight off, then after its dry you need to build up layers of clear coat

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users