Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,420 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:44 AM

No news on the damage stats yet, I'm ringing them later today and hopefully it won't be too long in dry dock.
Missing it already (sad ain't it?).

Might have already asked mate, but what exactly was the initial look on the bikers face the moment he realized you was a copper?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#92 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,523 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:08 AM

He wasn't too chuffed, that's for sure.

#93 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,420 posts
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

He wasn't too chuffed, that's for sure.

Care to elaborate mate? Must have been hilarious

#94 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,523 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:25 AM

You remember that scene in the film Home Alone where he tries aftershave for the first time?
That plus swearing...

#95 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,420 posts
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

Just a quick few snaps on my phone for now but the Heko's was delivered today, !Removed! quick considering they was dispatched yesterday.

Posted Image
(Just to clarify, that is my Missus' bed.. I would not have a pink bed by choice)

Very easy to fit too went straight on

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Apologies for the poor pics I'll try get some better ones later.

Just gotta wait and see if they actually hold on now and if they actually deflect the wind lol

#96 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,420 posts
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

Some better photos

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Didn't realize I took so many lol :P

After reading all the great reviews on these by yourselves lads I was quick to buy a set myself. However, they have the Missus and I divided on opinion.

Only used them so far on a quick trip down the road doing 28 so probably need to be on the motorway to feel the full benefits but personally I felt a difference straight away as generally I don't drive with the driver side windows open cause of how loud the wind noise is and being whacked in the face by it so I just drive round with the passenger side windows open for ventilation.

But after fitting these there wasn't really any wind noise just the obvious traffic noise, and instead of being whacked in the face I just had a rather nice little breeze.

The Missus on the other hand actually had to shut her window cause she said it was as if the wind was deflecting of the windows straight into her face and channeling it straight down her ear so she was getting even more of a whack in the face than usual as well as being properly deafened and she's still complaining of ear ache.

So now I'm at a loss of what to do having just paid 40quid for em and may have to take em straight back off :(

#97 Paddy H

Paddy H

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Name: Patrick
  • Ford Model: Focus MK 2.5 Zetec S 1.6
  • Year: 2009

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

Like i said in messages mate, I'm clueless to why? My lady moaned first 10 minutes but she's forgotten about them now and for me i see the improvement and they work spot on.

They look great on your car, very good. Il be honest, if you tinted it now it'd be great.

#98 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,282 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

they only deflect some wind not all and only that going front to back they cant stop side wind etc

#99 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,420 posts
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

they only deflect some wind not all and only that going front to back they cant stop side wind etc

I know mate but what I'm saying is she never really had a problem before but now with them fitted its as if they are turbo charging the air directly into her face when without them she didn't have the problem

#100 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,420 posts
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Like i said in messages mate, I'm clueless to why? My lady moaned first 10 minutes but she's forgotten about them now and for me i see the improvement and they work spot on.

They look great on your car, very good. Il be honest, if you tinted it now it'd be great.

I know mate its a tough one. Gonna try adjusting her seat. I personally feel the difference but it obviously isn't good if they affecting the Missus so much. I do think they look great and I know mate I plan on getting some window tints at some point but they'll have to wait till I've done a few other mods first. By the way, what is a rough price on getting the rear windows tinted professionally?

#101 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,960 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

I know mate its a tough one. Gonna try adjusting her seat. I personally feel the difference but it obviously isn't good if they affecting the Missus so much. I do think they look great and I know mate I plan on getting some window tints at some point but they'll have to wait till I've done a few other mods first. By the way, what is a rough price on getting the rear windows tinted professionally?

id buy her one of these to protect her ears when the window is open
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1e67cd78e5
my missus hates wind deflectors on cars too, and has advised me not to get them but i dont give a
what she says in regards to anything lol ive got them on the list.

and for the rear windows on professional tint your looking at £160 or less but no more than £180 and no less than £120

#102 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,420 posts
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

id buy her one of these to protect her ears when the window is open
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1e67cd78e5
my missus hates wind deflectors on cars too, and has advised me not to get them but i dont give a
what she says in regards to anything lol ive got them on the list.

and for the rear windows on professional tint your looking at 160 or less but no more than 180 and no less than 120

Lmao Lenny you nob ed knew you'd come out with that.. Just told her your sugestion and she said it would mess her hair n makeup up as well as most likely get us pulled over.

Thought the tints would be something like that. I know it's the going rate but when you think about it it's a lot of money for something that will benefit me in no way what so ever cause I can only get the rears done and when am I ever actually gonna be a back seat passenger in my own car lol, I rarely even have passengers in the back. Am gonna get em done at some point but might even have to wait till the ST replica is finished.

#103 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,960 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

Lmao Lenny you nob ed knew you'd come out with that.. Just told her your sugestion and she said it would mess her hair n makeup up as well as most likely get us pulled over.

Thought the tints would be something like that. I know it's the going rate but when you think about it it's a lot of money for something that will benefit me in no way what so ever cause I can only get the rears done and when am I ever actually gonna be a back seat passenger in my own car lol, I really even have passengers in the back. Am gonna get em done at some point but might even have to wait till the ST replica is finished.

all in good fun mate, no offence intended Posted Image
if you keep an eye on ebay you may pick up a set of climaer focus window blinds which sit in to the frame of the rear windows cost around £60 second hand and give the same effect as tints without the need to remove your owners club decals.
see them here:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#104 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,420 posts
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

Lol i know mate sorry i didn't mean any offence in what i said either just know you'd be first to come out with a funny remark. Gave the missus a good laugh when i showed her the link.

Do need to work out what to do about the deflectors though, not good if they making worse what they purpose built to make better

#105 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,420 posts
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

What is it your missus doesn't like about them exactly?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users