Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Minor Mods To Date

Brigante

Need a quick vote on which gel overlays to get. Black chrome or Carbon chrome? Answers on a postcard

black and chrome i reckon the carbon ones will dissapear quickly

Was thinking that mate. !Removed! chavs :unsure:

Being the pessimistic git that I am, surely making it look too much like an ST could mean some inept moron might try and nick it thinking it is an ST?

That would be my only concern. Other than that, look nice mate.

Being the pessimistic git that I am, surely making it look too much like an ST could mean some inept moron might try and nick it thinking it is an ST?

That would be my only concern. Other than that, look nice mate.

I know mate was thinking the same, guess I just gotta take the risk :unsure: surprisingly there do seem to be a lot of ST's around this chavvy area

Any more votes on the overlays lads?

Black 1-1 Carbon

Any more votes?

Black 1-1 Carbon

Any more votes?

I've got carbon/chrome on the front badge and steering wheel of mine,

So I'm gonna vote for carbon on this one mate and maybe get the rear one to say focus instead of ford since you have it debadged

2-1 to carbon. I may order them soon.

Red cree fog bulb came today, still waiting on the rest of the parts for the second reverse light so for now I put the clear fog unit in with the red bulb, had to be pee'ing down didn't it :(

191049_480651931953365_127390028_o.jpg

615134_480651801953378_1057221089_o.jpg

Noticed a difference between the genuine ford reverse unit and the none ford clear fog unit. If you look on the first photo with no lights on, the top of the ford unit looks illuminated, but the top of the none ford unit doesn't :wacko:

Worked out why the genuine ford unit looks that way

With flash

289647_480686888616536_613480314_o.jpg

Without flash

615046_480686728616552_159079359_o.jpg

Some reason the flash doesn't do this to the none ford unit.

Some reason the flash doesn't do this to the none ford unit.

Its just a reflector mate I'm sure it works as a reflector to some extent, but clearly not as bright as the existing ford unit,

I wouldn't worry about it though only the gatso vans or speed cameras would notice this lol

Its just a reflector mate I'm sure it works as a reflector to some extent, but clearly not as bright as the existing ford unit,

I wouldn't worry about it though only the gatso vans or speed cameras would notice this lol

Lol I know mate just thought I'd post my findings. Was gonna go out n get a night shot of me red cree fog bulb but I'm leaving the unit out tonight so the glue can dry

Has the glue worked ok for you?

I bet you had a twitch in your bowels when you made the first cut. :P

Has the glue worked ok for you?

I bet you had a twitch in your bowels when you made the first cut. :P

Seems to have mate, didn't have to use that much either only used about half of it

242471_480794558605769_1025580191_o.jpg

Leaving it aside over night to dry, put the butchered old unit back in for tonight just so there isn't a hole there, even though there's no bulb in it lol then tomorrow I'll cut the hole in bumper with the dremel.

And no mate lol all the cutting actually went really well. Was losing my patience though sanding the bit down trying to get it to meet the unit properly though. Nearly had nothing left was getting a bit worried then lol :P

Right lads my bulb holder and socket came today so I've been a busy boy

The results:

2012-08-30170146-1.jpg

Can't really see that good cause it's day light but they are both on. Hopefully the cree reverse bulbs will come tomorrow so I can get rid of the minging standard bulbs and get me sexy white ones in :P

Overall very pleased with this mod and as others have said it's by far the best mod I've done so far :D

LED ignition barrel also came today so I might get round to fitting that today too depending how I'm doing for time and daylight when I get back from runnin about today

Can't really see that good cause it's day light but they are both on. Hopefully the cree reverse bulbs will come tomorrow so I can get rid of the minging standard bulbs and get me sexy white ones in :P

Overall very pleased with this mod and as other have said it's by far the best mod I've done so far :D

LED ignition barrel also came today so I might get round to fitting that today too depending how I'm doing for time and daylight when I get back from runnin about today

Looks excellent mate,

If your front footwell lights are already active then you could splice the loom of the ignition ring light to the footwell loom instead of running the moulded plugs to the interior light.

Just splice black to black and blue to orange. In the drivers side footwell on the light loom.

Looks excellent mate,

If your front footwell lights are already active then you could splice the loom of the ignition ring light to the footwell loom instead of running the moulded plugs to the interior light.

Just splice black to black and blue to orange. In the drivers side footwell on the light loom.

Way ahead of you mate ;)

Sometimes I wish I wasn't a bloke so I wouldn't be prone to starting jobs at silly times of the night. Think it looks a bit bright compared to the rest of the blue :wacko:

DSCN0745.jpg

DSCN0742.jpg

Night shots of the cree fog and standard twin reverse bulbs

DSCN0736.jpg

DSCN0739.jpg

Is the fog light supposed to be angled like that :wacko: going by where it hits the floor

My cree reverse bulbs so better be here tomorrow.

Think that's my last few mods for a while anyway till I find work again. May order some gel overlays soon but that'll be about it for now.

Wow its matches the rest of the blue lighting anyways mate looks pimped.

The rear fog looks powerfull too and its ok at an angle does the job of marking your position in fog.

Standard reverse light bulbs seem bright enough in pairs too.

Can't wait to see the cree's though. Hope work comes up for you soon mate and the car is looking sweet, you can keep it waxed and plan future mods while waiting, I've been their myself had mine in storage at one point due to lack of work.

Cheers mate think I've pretty much covered all the interior lighting now unless I can be arsed to do door handle LEDs at some point. Why does the ignition barrel look so bright compared to the rest?

Really hope the cree's do come tomorrow cause I'm going back to the homeland for a few days late tomorrow so I'll have to wait nearly a week for em if they don't till I come back here.

Just gotta try n save my funds for a bit I guess till permanent work comes along, I've applied for loads so just gotta wait to hear back.

Some of your photos don't seem to be working for me but yes the ignition light is a bright one as you can see from mine-

ignition2.jpg

All in all an excellent job, i would assume by the angle of the fog light you have mounted it in the new socket? maybe change the sockets around so the reverse is in the new socket thereby lighting the kerb if reversing around a right hand corner and have the fog facing directly backwards as standard.

All in all an excellent job, i would assume by the angle of the fog light you have mounted it in the new socket? maybe change the sockets around so the reverse is in the new socket thereby lighting the kerb if reversing around a right hand corner and have the fog facing directly backwards as standard.

Was thinking that mate, may swap em back round tomorrow when the cree's come. Just thought I'd put the fog in the new socket so to have both the reverse lights aiming the same direction. The fog is still legal isn't it even though it's angled?

As long as the fog is visible from 25 metres in poor visibility then no problems.

Cree bulbs are visible from much further so you're good.

Sweet then mate. I am really pleased with it. The missus isn't happy about neglecting her all day though. She hates you all by the way for all the modding ideas I've been given by all you lot :P I didn't have any intentions of doing anything to the car before joining the forums n now look at it :D

Give her a bunch of flowers with regards from the Forum.

lol will do mate, where shall I send the bill to? :P