Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Wiper Blades?

AJ_sXe

Can anyone recommend some excellent Wiper Blades for a Mk7? Price not an issue just quality & non-judderyness (yes I made that word up)

I'd go for genuine Ford wipers to be honest, though I get the juddering too (oddly only on the drivers side wiper) you'd probably be better off with them..they're not too expensive either.

Would be interesting to find out if there's something that can be done to stop/minimise the juddering

Can't tell you which ones I'd advise that you should buy, but I bought Bosch ones 6 months ago, (AM26U and AM15U) for about £25 delivered and they're been pretty sub-average, bit streaky at times, especially when it's only raining lightly, and i've had to wipe the blades down quite a few times. No Juddering though.

I'd be interested if the Valeo or Chamption twin pack from this page are worth the extra money?

I go for the Bosch quality pairs. A bit pricey for £35 at Halfords but it does the trick and its very quiet too!

or you can try cleaning your current pair,by washing them and running a cloth down the rubber and you'll see a load of black dirty marks coming off

The blades on my Fiesta are Ford,the first pair as manufactured.

I too have recently noticed in light rain (mostly been heavy for what seems an age now) that I am too getting smearing on the drivers side only.

Milage is only 11k.

Have had Bosch on previous motors and had no issues and generally last 18 months- 20k.

The drivers side blade is much longer so it may not follow the screen contours as easily or have enough pressure from the arm spring to allow a clean sweep.

Mine has a spoiler fitted which I presume is there to aid this pressure and may be to keep it quieter as speed of the car increases.

I have also noticed that full speed wipe is not that fast compared with other cars owned.

Cheers.

Would be interesting to find out if there's something that can be done to stop/minimise the juddering

White vinegar works a treat so I've heard, not tried it myself though.

I use Rain X rain repellent too which seems to give a smooth wiper sweep.

All my glass has had Duxback applied, but the driver side one still sucks donkey.

Use a good degreaser on the glass and keep the blades clean.