Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Focus St225

Reedy7

I bought a 2010 focus st about 8 month ago now. I am now wanting more power. Haha. As we all do! I just wanted some advice on what people think I should begin with. I was thinking of just having a mountune upgrade but it's alot of money to lay down in one hit. Any suggestions for a first mod?

Cheers

I bought a 2010 focus st about 8 month ago now. I am now wanting more power. Haha. As we all do! I just wanted some advice on what people think I should begin with. I was thinking of just having a mountune upgrade but it's alot of money to lay down in one hit. Any suggestions for a first mod?

Cheers

Buy an RS ;)

A mate of mine has an ST. The first mod he did was better air filter and a larger inter cooler. Then he had it remapped for about 300 quid. He said he felt scared to drive it after this haha but did make a big difference. You could always get a bluefin

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/search?make=9&fueltype=3&model=2&variant=2

Extra 50bhp and 119Nm of torque!!!

And it's removable too

ide have a simple one of these http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Pumaspeed-Workshop-Remap-Focus-ST225-250bhp-340bhp_200.jsp as said do the intake and the intercooler ive had a shot of a 320bhp st and all i can say is watch what you do as the front end starts to seriously struggle with the power sure its fast in a straight line but in the bends you can easily lose it and thats in the dry. that st had a custom turbo a bigger intercooler remap sports cat and exhaust custom intake etc etc by a tuning company easy way to spend £7000

A mate of mine has an ST. The first mod he did was better air filter and a larger inter cooler. Then he had it remapped for about 300 quid. He said he felt scared to drive it after this haha but did make a big difference. You could always get a bluefin

http://www.mybluefin...del=2&variant=2

Extra 50bhp and 119Nm of torque!!!

And it's removable too

yeah, the first thing you should do is to remap the ecu, theres loads of decent places out there or you can buy your own console from someone like superchips, youll get instant power and torque gains and then you can do custom mods from there, if you just put a big exhaust on and upgrade the intercooler and intake you probably wont notice any difference, the point is that these engines are still tuned to get fuel effieciency and to run on lower grade fuels than we have in the uk, so increasing airflow and stuff can actually make the engine back of slightly the ecu is constantly monitoring everything from air / fuel mix right down to emisions and tempratures so if airflow is increased, the engine doesnt need quite as rich of a mixture of petrol etc etc...

the point is in my opinion remap and then go from there :D

yeah, the first thing you should do is to remap the ecu, theres loads of decent places out there or you can buy your own console from someone like superchips, youll get instant power and torque gains and then you can do custom mods from there, if you just put a big exhaust on and upgrade the intercooler and intake you probably wont notice any difference, the point is that these engines are still tuned to get fuel effieciency and to run on lower grade fuels than we have in the uk, so increasing airflow and stuff can actually make the engine back of slightly the ecu is constantly monitoring everything from air / fuel mix right down to emisions and tempratures so if airflow is increased, the engine doesnt need quite as rich of a mixture of petrol etc etc...

the point is in my opinion remap and then go from there :D

He may go backwards if he follows your advice,,,, by all means get a remap, IF your going to leave it at that. But get a remap first, then changing other things like air flow and exhaust systems will result in the remap needing re-mapping again because the circumstances have changes within the fueling etc........ So my opinion, is remap if your happy that will be enough, and your on a budget. If not, the the world is yours to explore.

He may go backwards if he follows your advice,,,, by all means get a remap, IF your going to leave it at that. But get a remap first, then changing other things like air flow and exhaust systems will result in the remap needing re-mapping again because the circumstances have changes within the fueling etc........ So my opinion, is remap if your happy that will be enough, and your on a budget. If not, the the world is yours to explore.

true, but by getting a standard pre written map would make the most of his current setup and then adding other parts wouldnt change much realy as the updated software is no longer looking for efficiency, and if you go to someone like superchips or dream science (this would be my advice) then they have about 4 maps wich are then free of charge after that, for instance you just get the standard remap then if you replaced exhaust + downpipe + air filter + intercooler you can get a stage 2 map and so on.

• 2 weeks later...

That might have been the case with older ECUs but the ST one is quite intelligent. It learns continuously about the environment so you can change other parts and the ECU will accomodate them (within reason). It's quite normal to start with a plain remap then add hardware over a period of time. At least, that's what the guys on the Focus ST owners club do ^_^

The only issue you might have is if you try to use a remap that is designed for modified cars e.g. Dreamscience ModX or some of the later Collins stages. They don't like running on standard hardware.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club