Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 Mk 6 Fiesta Finesse Central Locking Question

eyemdee

My son has just bought a 2004 Mk6 Finesse with only one key. Although it is the remote type 3 button key, the remote function does not work and the Ignition on/off 4 times in 6 seconds does not generate a beep to program the key. The key starts the car and operates the central locking correctly.

Can anyone tell me whether the 2004 1.25 "Finesse" model does actually have remote central locking or whether it is perhaps not the original key supplied with the car. I have looked on HJ and Parkers but cannot find this information.

Any help appreciated :rolleyes:

EDIT: I didn't look hard enough - found the answer in Parkers specification tables. No remote locking on that model.

Just as a heads up for other members, this car came with only the one Remote key.

He went shopping around for a spare key this morning and Timpsons had the best deal by far at just £25 as they have a half price offer on at the moment. It took them just 10 minutes to copy his original key and it works perfectly. If the car had remote locking, he could have had a remote key made there for £90.

Cheaper than Ford dealers I suspect.

Didn't think the Finesse had remote locking even as an option but will stand corrected. If I remember right it was standard on the LX model but an option certainly on the Zetec as part of the Security Pack (which we have and includes alarm upgrade).

Didn't think the Finesse had remote locking even as an option but will stand corrected. If I remember right it was standard on the LX model but an option certainly on the Zetec as part of the Security Pack (which we have and includes alarm upgrade).

Yes, you are right. The key that came with the car was a remote one but the remote functions do not respond. Parkers spec charts confirmed that remote locking is not on that model, although ABS is not supposed to be either and this car has an ABS indicator light working in the dash!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club