Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Lights (Of Sorts)

ShinyAndy

I don't have the auto setting on my light switch but the dash/instrument cluster lights up when I go through a tunnel, would this mean if I added a switch with the Auto setting that I might get auto lights? I've looked for wires by the mirror etc but there is nothing there - all I have is a little dome on the dash near the windscreen, what is that for?

The auto-lights work using a sensor on the windscreen that's located behind the plastic casing where the rear-view mirror joins to the windscreen.

If you have that sensor, there's no reason why you can't have auto-lights if you fit the required wiring/switch.

If you don't have that, then you'd need to get it.

the dash/instrument cluster is always backlit regardless of day or night or if headlamps are on. Well it is on my titanium anyway! would have thought all model Mk2.5 had this feature. Does the speedo and rev counter have the white numbers and red needles?

Hi mate,

Not too sure what your dome sensor is, it may well be part of the auto light sensor as I have read somewhere that someone retrofitted the windscreen mounted rain/ light sensor and auto switch, also got it activated by ford but still wouldn't work.

To see if you have the wires you need to remove the interior light and you will see two screws. Remove these and pull the surround down, it's only held by clips onto a metal plate above. Then if you look between the hole you've left and the front window, there will be a spongy tape covering two connectors for dimming mirror and sensor if you have the wires there

Hope that helps :)

the dash/instrument cluster is always backlit regardless of day or night or if headlamps are on.

Ah ok, though how can you tell it's backlit in bright daylight?!

Still intrigued to know what the little red dome thing is on the dash. Maybe it's something to do with the alarm, the manual suggested they are up by the interior light but there is nothing up there.. check out the pics, nothing behind the mirror that I can see anyway and I assume the sensor down by the climate controls is the temp sensor for that?

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

Maybe of interest as well, even though Titanium spec (Euro not UK) I don't have leccy rear windows so the Auto Open/Close windows with the keyfob doesn't work - it does open the sunroof though strangely!

It lights up as soon as you turn ignition on.

Btw, Do you have a dash dimner dial underneath light switch?

It lights up as soon as you turn ignition on. In daylight its not that obvious but its on for sure!

Btw, Do you have a dash dimner dial underneath light switch?

The dome on the Dash is for your Climate control. , if you had the auto light feature you would have a sensor above the rear mirror.

You would need the proper wiring harness , the switch and at least one extra relay and of course it needs to be activated

No dimmer, just a normal switch with front/rear fogs

I assumed the "vent" under the climate controls/next to the rear window heater was for the climate sensor, seems a bit stupid putting a sensor to control temperature in direct sunlight - it would mean my aircon would be running all the time (it doesn't!)?

Is the "vent" in the headlining by the interior light for the microphone?

Also, it's dual zone climate how would one sensor work for that?

AFAIK the vent grill in the interior lights is indeed a mic.

That nub on the dash is definitely aircon sensor and the grille by the light is for the phone mic.

When the sun hits the sensor on the dash it gives a boost to the aircon to counteract the sun's heat.

How does the dual zone work if it's a single sensor? Seems crazy that the sensor is there, in that location it would probably never drop below 50 degrees here and it's virtually always in direct sunlight!!

How does the dual zone work if it's a single sensor? Seems crazy that the sensor is there, in that location it would probably never drop below 50 degrees here and it's virtually always in direct sunlight!!

If it's that hot in the day I think you would need the aircon flat out to keep cool, but when its dark it would back off, I've always found Ford aircon a bit weedy.

Strange, works brilliantly here.. comes on at full chat for a bit then calms down and gets to the temperature you've set pretty quick. Like I said though, I can guarantee that the temperature at that sensor would no way be the 21.5 degrees that I set it to and yet the aircon is just trickling along at that point. So I guess it might have something to do with the climate control but it can't be anything to do with the temperature

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club