Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Subwoofer? Help!

craighuttonn

I recently bought my Fiesta MK6 2008!

I have an EDGE sub woofer with built in amp from my old car and wish to fit it to the Fiesta, can I do this and keep my standard stereo?

Everywhere I have been gives me a different answer!

HELP!

• 5 weeks later...

I notice this went unanswered but i had a an edge subwoofer active enclosure wired to a mk7 fiesta and it was wired up to the stock stereo it worked fine but two weeks after it just suddenly stopped working. Before i did get it wired up another place i visited to get it wired refused as it 'was too much of a problem' unless i bought an aftermarket stereo, don't know if the post was of help or if its too late.

• 5 months later...

A subwoofer can be connected to any stereo even if it does not have a pre-out

you can get an adaptor that connects to the speaker outputs (Speakers still work as normal)

the output of the adaptor connects to the input of the subwoofer amp via a long, screened/ coxial cable

if the stereo/ head unit has a pre(sub) out, this connects to the input of the sub amp (this is better for sound)

the sub amp is powered with a wire direct to the battery via an in-line fuse close to the battery - there may also be another wire that connects to the + that switches the sub amp off/ on, this should be connected to the head unit power output (to switch the sub amp off/ on )