AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

OllyMcC

Legalities Of Led's

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have changed every single interior bulb in my fiesta zetec to LED's, which is great. However i was wondering the legal side of any exterior lights? Do the numberplate lights have to be white? can i have LED sidelights? Indicators? Brake lights? And are they even worth changing? :unsure:

Cheers, Olly

Can have anything LED, just make sure the headlights and main and dipped beam ones are actually bright enough, most aren't usually.

Technically they are not legal (as they're not 'e' marked) but I very much doubt you'll get pulled as a lot of modern cars have them as standard now (which will be e marked from the factory)

I have LED sidelights, brake/tail lights, & number plate lights.

Okay thanks, but would having LED's affect the MOT when it comes around? And Can i have any colour? or do they all have to be white? (except indicators)?

I have heard of MOT failures on ZSOC for people with LEDs yes.

They should match what they were originally - ie front of car = white, rear = red & indicators = amber.

Headlights will fail as LED's will not provide a beam pattern. Dont try driving at night if you have these as you will see more with a candle. The technology isn't their yet to match halogens for power although they look nice and white.