Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Legalities Of Led's

OllyMcC

Hello all,

I have changed every single interior bulb in my fiesta zetec to LED's, which is great. However i was wondering the legal side of any exterior lights? Do the numberplate lights have to be white? can i have LED sidelights? Indicators? Brake lights? And are they even worth changing? :unsure:

Cheers, Olly

Can have anything LED, just make sure the headlights and main and dipped beam ones are actually bright enough, most aren't usually.

Technically they are not legal (as they're not 'e' marked) but I very much doubt you'll get pulled as a lot of modern cars have them as standard now (which will be e marked from the factory)

I have LED sidelights, brake/tail lights, & number plate lights.

Okay thanks, but would having LED's affect the MOT when it comes around? And Can i have any colour? or do they all have to be white? (except indicators)?

I have heard of MOT failures on ZSOC for people with LEDs yes.

They should match what they were originally - ie front of car = white, rear = red & indicators = amber.

Headlights will fail as LED's will not provide a beam pattern. Dont try driving at night if you have these as you will see more with a candle. The technology isn't their yet to match halogens for power although they look nice and white.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club