Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Swap Radio Units Over?

piper

Can any one advise me if it's possible just to swap radio unit over from 6000 RDS CD to a SONY 6 CD unit?

Would i need a different wiring loom

I have a mk3 mondeo.

Thanks

piper

Can any one advise me if it's possible just to swap radio unit over from 6000 RDS CD to a SONY 6 CD unit?

Would i need a different wiring loom

I have a mk3 mondeo.

Thanks

piper

Hi mate,

it is 100% possible just to swap them over, no additional cables required but you need to make sure that the sony 6cd stereo you buy is from a mondeo and not from a focus because the compatability of the software is different inside each model and they wont work with your steering stalk etc. if not from a mondeo,

the next thing is the bluetooth and voice control.

any ford sony stereo manufactured before june 2008 is only compatable with bluetooth&voice control moduiles in ford mondeo or focus manufactured prior to june 2008

and then any ford stereo manufactured after june 2008 is compatable with the new bluetooth and voice control system,

i have a 2010 focus

and i purchased a 6cd sony from a mondeo not knowing the above details, and it wouldnt work properly in my focus the sound was wrong and everthing, so i had to sell it onwards,

i then bought a sony single cd model but it is from a 2007 focus and not compatable with my bluetooth and voice control or even my AUX in port. so im stuck with it untill funds allow me to purchase the correct one this time.

hope this saves you some money and helps you purchase the proper model.

Hi Lenny thanks for all the information, great help.

Cheers bud.

piper

Hi Lenny thanks for all the information, great help.

Cheers bud.

piper

no problem mate,

when purchasing the sony 6cd ask the seller for the full part number

then paste it in to google and you will find many topics on the part aswell as what it is for either focus or mondeo

What year is your motor?

I have a 52 plate and was told that you would have to change the cradle that holds the dash / ctr console to fit the sony stereo as it was fitted after 2003 and the design of the dash changed slightly.

What year is your motor?

I have a 52 plate and was told that you would have to change the cradle that holds the dash / ctr console to fit the sony stereo as it was fitted after 2003 and the design of the dash changed slightly.

yes i have heard of this difference in the dash before mate,

but if you email some breakers on eBay or but the panel from eBay it will fit the dash no problem.

mine is a 2010

this may be what you need

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-MK3-LATE-6000CD-STEREO-SURROUND-03-07-/110747782510?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19c9150d6e

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club