• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shazants

shazants

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus
Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:06 AM

Hi guys and girls, i have a Y reg focus estate TDI. Recently my drivers doors has locked and will not open under any circumstances!

The rest of the doors open with the remote, key or internal door button. Ive taken off the window trim to check that the bar is still conected to the actual mechanism which it is and it moves up an down when you pull the handle in the same way as the door on the passenger side that works correctly.

Unfortuntly i cant see a way of taking the door panel off without breaking it as the door is shut???? It looks like the locking mechanism is jammed which must be totaly electrical.........any help would be most appreciated!!!

Kind regards shazants

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Whelk8891

Whelk8891

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk1 Saloon 1.8 TDDi
Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:56 AM

It sounds like the c/l motor is dead.

Not sure if there's any way of getting to it without breaking something - you should be able to remove the door handle surround (there's a screw under a cover behind the door handle) but I'm not sure how much - if any - access that would give you.

#3 shazants

shazants

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus
Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:12 PM

cheers for the reply......seems im gonna have to fork out for a technician to take a look :(

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users