Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You Will Never Guess What ='( ='(

Brigante

Fair enough!

What company was the van?

Would look HOT with a light blue bumper!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• STEADS

• jeebowhite

• artscot79

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a tip.. If your going to cut someone up, causing a collison then proceed to speed off out of there and not stick around to see if everyones ok.. Don't do it when you have BIFFA in big letters right down the side of your vehicle..

Biffa by name...

Anyway, some more promising prospects?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK3-MK4-FORD-FOCUS-2009-2010-REAR-BUMPER-COMPLETE-/280921531176?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item41683a6328

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-08-Rear-Bumper-/221082391633?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3379899451

the tonic blue is the worst the sun changes the colour as its plastic so it ends up looking a shade darker or maybe the bumpers fine but its the body that goes lighter

Biffa by name...

Anyway, some more promising prospects?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item41683a6328

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3379899451

Those are exactly the 2 I've had my eye on but the sellers haven't got back to me yet. On the top one, would you say that looks like damage by the reverse light?

Oh and would I be able to fit a zetec s diffuser to one of these?

Fair enough!

What company was the van?

Would look HOT with a light blue bumper!

The company is BIFFA mate

A light blue bumper on a black car :wacko: ?

There are seven different shades in the panther black wasnt aware of that myself until i sprayed the spoiler on my 2.0 found actually spraying it not to bad its getting the laquer right thats the hard bit imo might be worth having a try

There are seven different shades in the panther black wasnt aware of that myself until i sprayed the spoiler on my 2.0 found actually spraying it not to bad its getting the laquer right thats the hard bit imo might be worth having a try

You mean buying a bumper that's the wrong colour and spraying it myself? Was thinking about it

Hey guys. Anyone have any idea where I can get my hands on a set of those Ford Owners Club stickers? Much appreciated :)

Hey guys. Anyone have any idea where I can get my hands on a set of those Ford Owners Club stickers? Much appreciated :)

Become a supporting member here:

Hi Brigante,

It might be cheaper to respray one definately, but Biffa, well clearly they dont understand that they are douche's!

if it was an unbranded van he might have got away with it, but they should be able to find out the driver given the location, delivery route, and any other details you might have caught...

I would pass the details you have onto the police as well, report them for fleeing the scene of an accident that they have caused.

it would be a body shop to spray the bumper its not a home job if you want a good long lasting finish mate ide be claiming for the repairs from the company and keep on at them

Hi Brigante,

It might be cheaper to respray one definately, but Biffa, well clearly they dont understand that they are douche's!

if it was an unbranded van he might have got away with it, but they should be able to find out the driver given the location, delivery route, and any other details you might have caught...

I would pass the details you have onto the police as well, report them for fleeing the scene of an accident that they have caused.

I know mate, ain't had a reply from them yet. All they gotta do is check who the driver was doing the rounds at that tesco store that day. It was just the way he cut me up, forcing me to reverse quickly out of his way, shouted stop as he saw me hit the car behind then drove off quick as anything. In an unmarked truck yeah he'd of got away with it, but not when he's got BIFFA right down the side of him.. hmmmm I wonder what company he could possible work for.. I really ain't got a clue.. <_<

it would be a body shop to spray the bumper its not a home job if you want a good long lasting finish mate ide be claiming for the repairs from the company and keep on at them

I know mate but that'll cost a bomb won't it? Like at least 3 times the price of whatever the bumper cost in the first place.

This is &#33;Removed&#33; ridiculous, messaged and phoned round a shed load of breakers on eBay that show a photo of the black focus they are breaking, and all the ones that have got back to me so far don't have any black ones left in stock, the main colour they seem to have is red :mellow:

i do have sympathy for the OP but the problem you got mate, is proving he was the cause of the problems. you can get as many people to say so but its all down to evidence.

if you stayed still, applied the handbrake and left the car in neutral. let him hit you...then he will be at fault. but as you moved they will say thats your problem and its your fault....well thats what the bus companies say. and thats why i have had 4 bumps and not been warned as i have been in the right and handbrake applied when the car has hit me....yeah with a little help from me to get it though ;) lol

in the end of the day, you can trace and inform the police of the driver but they dont care...from personal experience police dont like dealing with large vehicles as they do not know the laws and highway code for the large vehicles...only VOSA and traffic police seem to know some and even then they are only interested in tacho's and that the vehicle is roadworthy.

but yeah, the thing i would be watching is the car you reversed into doesnt put an injury claim against you later on and you get done for not declaring it to insurance and even police as there was a claimed injury...everyone is out to tear everyone else's balls off.

on another note, i was speaking to a fella at work, as i was interested in getting my car front end resprayed from the stone chips and he was saying you are looking at no more than £100 for a full respray of a bumper.

MY BROTHER HAD AN INCIDENT YEARS AGO WITH A LEVERS WAGON WHERE HE WAS FORCED OFF THE ROAD THEY PINNED IT DOWN TO ONE OF TWO DRIVERS FROM THE TACO REORDS HE HE GOT PAID OUT THE NEW TACO SYSTEM THAT THEY USE AND MOST ARE TRACKED ON SATERLITE AND RECORDS STORED FOR 2 YEARS IT MIGHT BE WORTH GOING DOWN THIS ROUTE I WOULDNT LET IT REST GOOD LUCK HOPE YOU NAIL THEM

Charlie pm me might be able to help with bumper in pather black later style with one fog light would need to source a reverse light anyway pm me and we,ll talk

I know mate, ain't had a reply from them yet. All they gotta do is check who the driver was doing the rounds at that tesco store that day. It was just the way he cut me up, forcing me to reverse quickly out of his way, shouted stop as he saw me hit the car behind then drove off quick as anything. In an unmarked truck yeah he'd of got away with it, but not when he's got BIFFA right down the side of him.. hmmmm I wonder what company he could possible work for.. I really ain't got a clue.. <_<

I don't see what you will achieve? You were at fault for hitting the guy behind. Maybe the lorry driver was at fault for not reallt concentrating, but then again, you had said that he had stopped, so you were in no danger anyway?

I don't see what you will achieve? You were at fault for hitting the guy behind. Maybe the lorry driver was at fault for not reallt concentrating, but then again, you had said that he had stopped, so you were in no danger anyway?

The lorry driver wasn't looking and came speeding towards me when I was already like 3 quarters in my lane forcing me to do an emergency stop, he eventually saw me and also stopped. Because of how far he had sped towards me before stopping, he had wedged himself between my car and the wall on the other side of the road, the road is very narrow meaning 2 normal cars will be able to go round each other, but due to the size of the lorry and how wide it was there was no way he would have got round me without scraping the wall as well as hitting my car. So I was forced to reverse out of his way to allow him past. Because it happened so quickly I was not allowed much thinking time after seeing the lorry speeding towards me so I did not realize the other car had just pulled up behind me before I reversed.

The lorry driver wasn't looking and came speeding towards me when I was already like 3 quarters in my lane forcing me to do an emergency stop, he eventually saw me and also stopped. Because of how far he had sped towards me before stopping, he had wedged himself between my car and the wall on the other side of the road, the road is very narrow meaning 2 normal cars will be able to go round each other, but due to the size of the lorry and how wide it was there was no way he would have got round me without scraping the wall as well as hitting my car. So I was forced to reverse out of his way to allow him past. Because it happened so quickly I was not allowed much thinking time after seeing the lorry speeding towards me so I did not realize the other car had just pulled up behind me before I reversed.

Well yeah, I understand that, but you were the course of the accident as you reversed into someone. I don't see what the lorry driver as to do with you reversing into someone. Ok if the lorry driver hadn't of done what he did, then you wouldn't be in the trouble you were, but still.

Being truthful, Unfortunately Shawty is right, you are the reason for the accident, but the integrity of the BIFFA truck is the key here. An apology from the company might not be worth the paper its written on, but if they can get him to admit it, they *may* offer to help towards the costs of the damage, whatever you do (if it comes to it) dont tell them that you had no damage from the accident itself...

Unfortunately though, the insurance companies dont really care as to who's fault it was, beyond "who hit who". Unfortunately my accident a few years ago was not my fault, the guy started driving off, then slammed his anchors on half way over the roundabout, I hit him, and it was deemed my fault. Apparently the car that cut him up disappeared, but even though the guy I hit is the one who slammed his anchors on unexpectedly, and no fraud could be proven, it was my responsibility as I was the one moving when he had stopped. Unfortunately the same will apply in OP's case, which is the vehicle knocked was stationary.

Never the less, if both parties are uninjured and decide to resolve the issue with a bottle of T-Cut, then there is nothing wrong with the way its handled. To be honest, such a low cost impact, the verbal agreement of both parties (in front of witnesses?) to not proceed further would be enough to cover you, no serious accidents would occur at that low speed.

I know this, But what I'm saying is I physically had to reverse. I was in right of way and already going round the corner to be able to see the BIFFA driver, he was looking the other way when he began to pull out and speed towards me, I had to slam the breaks on, then he saw me and finally stopped too.

But because of how far he had travelled he'd wedged himself, so If I tried to squeeze through the tiny gap he'd left while he stayed still I'd of hit him and scraped along him.

If I had of stayed still and didn't reverse and allowed him to pass me as we was, he would have hit me and scraped along me.

The only way anyone was going anywhere is If I reversed a touch to allow him to pass freely, when I checked my rearview to see if behind was clear, It was.. I then began to reverse, maybe I didn't look behind long enough but the car behind appeared out of nowhere as I reversed into it.

The lorry didn't allow much thinking time, I saw it speeding at me, I did the only thing I could which was to stop in my tracks and hope he didn't hit me, he finally saw me and stopped, I had a quick look around to see if behind was clear and it was at the time.

There was so many different factors to it as well, for instance, If wilkinsons hadn't positioned a bollard a third of the way into an already narrow exit lane I could have freely drove out the car park before the lorry was even there.

If there wasn't an idiot in a corsa sitting half way in the narrow entrance lane causing about a 8-10 car queue trying to enter the car park, stopping me from exiting, I would have been able to freely drive round the bollard in my lane and freely leave the car park.

If the BIFFA driver was actually looking in the direction he was intending to travel he would have seen me already in the road and not sped out towards me forcing me into the situation when I had no option to reverse out of his way when I had right of way over him, If I didn't reverse both lanes would have been blocked and we would have all sat there all day bringing the flow of traffic to a stand still causing a major jam.

If I really wanted to argue this further I could say that given how behind was clear when I looked behind before reversing, theres no way the car behind could have got behind me so quick without seeing I was already reversing towards him given the 5mph speed limit of the car park, so I could say the driver of the car behind was a bash for cash chancer, saw what was going on infront of him and sped up behind me so that I would hit him.

I could say given his appearence and that he had an old beat up looking car anyway that his insurance company wouldn't have thought twice about writing off if there was even a minor crack in his bumper that this backs up the argument up that he wouldn't of cared about sustaining damage and claiming off my insurance but then that would be me stereotyping, which I'm not, I'm just saying..

In the end all I can say is that I was very lucky there was no actual damage to our cars to go through the insurance companies about, and when the other driver saw there was no damage to claim for and saw that I was a tattood skin head towering over him he was quick to wanna shake hands and put it down to the lorry driver and not try and cry 'whiplash' instead in the hope of a claim, and no I didn't try to intimidate him in anyway into doing this and we was both very friendly and so was the witnesses.

And yes the damage received to my bumper was from me not seeing the very narrow wooden structure of the trolley park place so I have since went for it and purchased an ST rear bumper to replace it and I'll now gradually begin to convert my focus into a mk2 ST replica.

i fully understand your frustration at this, i too would be well !Removed!....but things happen and i put them down to one of life's lessons.

however with the gift of hindsight, i would of stayed still and let him hit me...that way as you said yourself, he would be to blame.

also im not sure but in that scenerio of him hitting you, he may have CCTV fitted to his vehicle i know the buses do...helps in claims where accidents and people claim injuries.

i fully understand your frustration at this, i too would be well !Removed!....but things happen and i put them down to one of life's lessons.

however with the gift of hindsight, i would of stayed still and let him hit me...that way as you said yourself, he would be to blame.

also im not sure but in that scenerio of him hitting you, he may have CCTV fitted to his vehicle i know the buses do...helps in claims where accidents and people claim injuries.

I know mate that's exactly how I'm seeing it, things happen. Only thing I was worried about is my missus, and only reason I didn't stay still and let him hit me is she was sitting in the passenger seat so It would have been her getting the brunt of it, otherwise I would of just sat there and let him hit me.

ahhh bosh, you can always trade her in for a new younger model ;P

but yeah i know what you mean lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club